Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, looking at upgrading my intercooler. Am thinking either a are unit, or the cross country unit, any feedback for people that have used these would be brilliant.
Going on a 2001 zd30 aswell.
cheers

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GUIII
557 Posts
Try use search bar,
type in "ZD30 intercooler" and hit search
There are plenty of posts on both and ASE also do one, I too am looking at an upgrade, currently leaning towards the CC, but not desperate to spend the cash yet.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
33 Posts
I've recently put the ARE IC and stealth scoop on after seeing the oil blowing out of the original intercooler.
Couldn't believe the improvement in performance.:victory:
ARE are extremely helpful and easy to deal with and the dollars are right IMHO.
There is not much difference in $ between CC and ARE but with ARE there are no moving parts

·
Registered
nissan
777 Posts
Ill be getting the ARE when the time comes, dont want to cut my bonnet like the cross country one requires

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,194 Posts
I've recently put the ARE IC and stealth scoop on after seeing the oil blowing out of the original intercooler.
Couldn't believe the improvement in performance.:victory:
ARE are extremely helpful and easy to deal with and the dollars are right IMHO.
There is not much difference in $ between CC and ARE but with ARE there are no moving parts
Hi Mate. Would like a little more info, thinking about ARE myself. Which model ARE did you fit, what sort of performance increase are you experiencing? Do you have EGT gauge? if so what difference, if any, are you seeing with that?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Fitted an ARE intercooler to my sons 2004 ZD last week, found ARE to be very helpful and the unit fits straight on. It was the one listed for $888 on their website. Cleaned out all connecting hoses while there and there is a definite improvement on the old one. No cutting or butchering of the scoop rubber either.

·
Registered
nissanpatrol
4 Posts
Hi guys, new to this forum but need some advice on intercoolers aswell. Need to replace the leaking oil stained piece of crap that sits on my ZD30 with something a bit more substantional. Was leaning towards a CC unit because of its size, its got a PWR core, and the good reports I have read about them. I know ARE use PWR to. Whats the ASE unit like for around the $900 mark? Does it use PWR for the cores aswell? Would like to save some $$$ but would more than happily part with a bit extra for a better cooler! Help!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
nissanpatrol
4 Posts
Hi Guys, new to this forum but I need some advice. I need to replace the leaking, oil stained piece of crap sitting on top of my ZD. I have been looking at the CC unit mainly because of its much larger size, PWR core and the good reports I have read about them.I know that ARE use PWR also but want something larger. I have just read about the ASE unit being a bit cheaper, any feedback on this unit?? Does it come with PWR core aswell? Quality? I dont mind paying a bit more for a better cooler with a quality core. Please help I am having trouble deciding what unit to go for!!! :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts