Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The differences in price between states is significant.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,297 Posts
Short stay with a small car a cabin is the go, take your time and stay a while the caravan wins hands down, you also have a caravan to sell when you have finished travelling.

Reactions: Foo

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
11,909 Posts
Was discussing this with my dad a couple of months ago. They have been doing a bit of caravaning / holidaying with multiple other couples through a social group they are in. Up to ten couples will go on holiday together for a week or so a few times a year.
Mum and dad have their van and use that, as do a few other couples, but the couples without vans had been hiring cabins at the van parks and were really getting stung with cost.
If possible now, two or possibly more couples will go in together and rent a house close by for a week. By doing it this way it normally works out cheaper than being on a powered site (and better facilities too).

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was discussing this with my dad a couple of months ago. They have been doing a bit of caravaning / holidaying with multiple other couples through a social group they are in. Up to ten couples will go on holiday together for a week or so a few times a year.
Mum and dad have their van and use that, as do a few other couples, but the couples without vans had been hiring cabins at the van parks and were really getting stung with cost.
If possible now, two or possibly more couples will go in together and rent a house close by for a week. By doing it this way it normally works out cheaper than being on a powered site (and better facilities too).
This is what we do with my mate and his wife when we do our extended trips, rent a house for a few nights at places, a bit of planning ahead can save you a lot of money, sometimes you need to bite the bullet and just rock up to a cabin or motel but mostly it works out well.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
We've seen how the cabins are not that attractive on a couple of occasions now. Wife wanted to stay a few nights at Byron with her sister and we used to take the van to Clarks Beach. They have no good van sites anymore and what spots left with ocean view are cabins. Pricing for 2 bed cabins with view was so high they booked a unit cheaper.
We've just been looking at Hervey Bay as wife has to spend 5 weeks up there for radiation in the next few weeks so we wanted something economical but still nice and again all the van park cabins were dearer than we can get a unit for and some by a serious margin. The unit is in a side street within good walking distance to cafes etc for her and about 200 metres from the beach front. Some of the van parks with cabins aren't even remotely on the beach.
Gold Coast is a bit different. We had a long weekend there just recently just so she could celebrate post surgery and really couldn't be bothered dragging the van out for 2 nights and of course a cabin down there was way better than a unit but some places cabins are just ridiculous.

Reactions: 45/70 and Foo

·
Registered
999 Posts
We rent a house when we go to robe. We got a 3 bedroom house with 2 bathrooms, 3 toilets. Kids play room and a massive meals/family room.
It worked out to $160/night. Which is better than the caravan park in a cabin.

I wouldn’t bother dragging anything over for that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts