Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The interior light on my GU turns on and off intermittently. I'm guessing that the problem lies with one of the door switches. Is this a common problem and if so, which door is it normally? I have resorted to leaving the light switch to 'off' which means no light when opening doors.

·
Registered
nissan
103 Posts
Mine did it on the small barn door so i just disconnected that one and taped up the spade connector from the switch until i got a new one.

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Been a few threads around on this problem. Most common culprit (allegedly) was the large Barn door, closely followed by the small Barn door.

In my case it was the Front Pax door

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
177 Posts
my was the same, then found a crack in the large rear door, welder it back together, lights no problems now.

·
Registered
nissan
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would the barn door switches be the same on both the GQ and GU? If so, I might swap the switches over from my Mav before I sell it.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Check each door in turn to see if you just have to push it in a bit further to operate the switch. If so, put a velcro dot on the body where the switch touches - problem solved.

·
Registered
nissan
24 Posts
It will be the large barn door guaranteed.
Had the same issue so while repairing the crack on the door I also tested the switch and found it to be the problem.
I just disconnected it why would you need it as the small door has a warning switch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts