Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Resident Social Democrat
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

One issue that is driving me INSANE is the interior lights flashing sometimes when I drive over even small bumps.

It really is incredibly ANNOYING!!

I plan on disconnecting one door switch at a time and driving around until I find the troublesome one.

Has anyone else had this issue? Could it be from the rear door due to the 305/16 Big Horn on the back? Any other suggestions for diagnostics?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
nissan
536 Posts
Mine used to do the same, and it ended up being the rear barn door.

I pulled the rubber off the switch and put a bit of padding inside the rubber to hold the switch further in. Hope that makes sense.

·
Resident Social Democrat
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As I suspected gentlemen, thank you for your responses, I will disconnect it immediately!!

When I verify it IS that one, I'll mod it as you suggested!

·
Resident Social Democrat
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine used to do the same, and it ended up being the rear barn door.

I pulled the rubber off the switch and put a bit of padding inside the rubber to hold the switch further in. Hope that makes sense.
Done! It still actuates the light, so I can only hope that it will get rid of the issue. Ta for that!!

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,795 Posts
same with my DX, light flashing, door open flashing, large barn door was culprit, tried all sorts of fixes, adjusting hinge, spacer on connector bar (if that is the right word) none worked, lost patience, got 5lb mallet, whacked lower large barn door loop for latch forwards x 2, no more problem. I'm not real bright, but I can swing a pretty mean hammer......

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol 2002 4.8
7 Posts
Flashing Door lights on Dash

I had the same issue on my 4.8. spent countless hours trying to stop it by adding a shim to the bottom light switch on the bottom of the Rear small door. Slowed it down a lot but it still flashed intermittently.

Then accidentally, while leaving the interior lights on so they would go on as I opened the door I pushed the top of the Drivers door to find the light came on.

So I first tried to adjust the door latch but the screws are centred on a bevel setup so i put a shim on the switch at bottom of the door and finally fixed the issue.

When I say put a shim I put a piece of sticky one sided tape to build the switch position out thereby making the switch operate sooner.
\
Fixed.

·
Registered
nissan
15 Posts
I had this same issue and found it was the rear door. No amount of adjusting the strikers fixed it so I ended up using a small piece of double sided tap and stuck a 5c piece to the body where the switch hits. Was going to be temporary but almost a year on and it is still there and working.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
Re small rear barn door. To stop this on mine around 8 years ago I cut piece of 3mm thick rubber about 10mm in diameter and glued it to the body where the switch contacts the body, no more issues since and I've done some pretty serious corrugations and 4x4ing since.

·
Registered
nissan
935 Posts
Mine was the passenger side rear door. Adjusted it and problem cured.:grin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts