Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I'm in the market for a replacement interior light for my ute. It has the same light as a shorty and I was wondering if anyone has found a good replacement.

I don't want to replace it with a $10 piece of crap from super cheap. Something that looks the part and then later I can upgrade to led's from jet6..

Any ideas??

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
Should've had a squiz at the one in my shorty, the bloke I bought her off had taken the light out of a Suzuki hatch and shoehorned it in, and it's bloody decent. Main light, and then two side directional lights, one for the passenger and one for the driver.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you get a chance throw a pic up:)

Im looking at some at the moment on ebay but im not sure if the would fit, i need a flush mount light..

·
Rusty, but Trusty. Most of the time
nissan
1,185 Posts
from what I could tell, a D22 navara interior light looks identical to the stock light in the MQ/MK.

JET sells an upgrade for the D22.

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,286 Posts
I have a ef falcon interour light, 2 maplights and the main light.
Works a treat.

reminds my a should finish fitting it.

·
Registered
nissan
175 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The actual Globe upgrades I have sorted, done that before in my lwb, was awesome but next time I will get quality units off jet6 as it wasn't long before the led's in the panel started dying.

So an Ef/el falcon one has a flat base that you can work with then??

Will have a look, if anyone can be bothered throw some photos up:)

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,286 Posts
Need to do a little trimming, I think been a long time since i looked. Mine is only in with 1 screw due to the CBF's

·
Registered
nissan
2,694 Posts
I went into a boat shop and got two of these for the truck. They cost about $10 each and have 3 bulb holders and a position 1 - off - position 2 switch. I wired mine to have centre bulb on when door open and switch to permenent on has two bulbs on.

Much brighter than the factory lights and they screw into the factory mount holes...

Products - Hella

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That looks like the go, I'm watching one on eBay at the moment..

Will grab unless I can find one locally, will chuck up pics once I get some LEDs for it and it's all installed:)

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
Paid $20 from autobarn for a 3 led T10 plug in bulb replacement for normal SWB interior light works a treat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts