Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU6
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I remember a thread, but cant find.. I am having no luck in finding the trim paint to paint up my pillar pod. Where do I get and do I have to get it color matched at an auto paint supplier

Anyone have any trim paint left over? trim code on complaince plate is G and the patrol is silver with grey cloth trim
Any pointers thanks

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
if its that beige/grey looking colour, autoban has plastic paint that is VERY CLOSE to it. I just painted my pillar pod with it and its only a shade darker than the original. You really have to look at both closely to see the difference

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
oh and be sure to prime it before paint.

i used K+H Surface Technologies Paint.

Vinyl Plastic Satin Grey.

Hope it helps

·
Registered
nissan
442 Posts
When I was doing mine I just took the old plastic pillar piece in to a paint supplier and they colour matched it and put it in apressure pack for us so I could just spray it on. Match up was really close too.

depends on how anal you want to be I guess?

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU6
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks TOnka

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
177 Posts
i got one off the shelf at autobarn, just make sure you get a mot finish, i didn't so painted the other side too. Live and learn

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,790 Posts
I took the pillar handle down to bunnings and went through all the colour cards and when I found a match I just said 0.25lts of this please. Then I got some plastic primer, got out the spray gun and went to town. An all most exact match, and so far only I can tell the difference of all the people I have asked, guess that makes me a bit anal lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts