Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

Fitted 4 inch lift had 2 inch before got superflex arms adjustable panhards front and rear and draglink all new bushes, when driving between 80-100kmh if road is ****ty or hit a bump get major wobbles really bad not sure what is causing it wheel bearings are good i jacked up and checked them and everything is tight in suspension and damper is fine too and fonr end was resealed 20'kml ago.

any help would be great

cheers

·
Registered
nissan
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah been balanced and aligned wheel bearings done never had it before the lift. about 6months i fitted the tough dog rtc damper and would only fit upside down cos the washer on the shaft end attched to the spring was too big to fit in draglink end its sort of half boxed has lip around the plate but fits fine upside down and last week when doing a few things some one mentioned to put it up the other way at the shop and its up the other way now :( so will change it 2moro it may be the problem will let you know,

cheers

·
Registered
nissan
357 Posts
My shorty auto used to do it as well, I went to town on the front end new bushes, bearings, seals, preload correct etc. I only had 33x10.5x15 tyres and Old man emu 2" but every now and then hit a pot hole or irregularity at around 80km/hr and the wobbles would scare the crap out of ya, especially my wife who drove it regularly.
Only thing that ever solved or (masked) it was a RTC steering dampner.
Many say they are not the solution but I ran out of patience in replacing stuff that wasnt worn.
Had a mate who had similar issues and he bolted two steering dampers in tandem and it sorted his wobbles but he had considerable lift and rediculous tyres.

·
Registered
nissan
15 Posts
how did it go swapping the damper? i had the same problem, i had done all bushes and adjustable panhard rod's 6 months ago. went bush for a day trip was fine on the way out but on the way home if you hit an imperfection in the road the car would wobble almost uncontrollably, read a little on hear and luckily i had my stock panhard in the shed still, took about 10 min's swapped it over and it fixed the problem so i put new bushes in the adjustable one and put that back in. haven't had a problem since

·
Registered
nissan
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no fix fix with the damper, i have a rtc one and its set properly the panhard has been in for 6 months and bushes are still good, got it booked in for wheel alignemtn and balance in front end this arvo and will drive out to work today to see how it goes but all seals in front end and bearings are all good too might pull the panhard off again when i get home if its still buggered and check the bushes.

cheers

·
Registered
nissan
15 Posts
That's what I though, there only 6 months old it couldn't be them and they seemed fine, untill I pulled them out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
maybe you got sent the wrong super flex arms for the lift??

·
Registered
Nissan
179 Posts
haha just put up with it and buy a daily. ive got 5inch springs superiour drop boxs adjustable this n that, its more fun this way tryin to dodge o coming traffic n all.
the only thing i found helped a little was winding the adjustable shocks up hard for the road

·
Registered
nissan
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey sorry bout the late reply was on shift, jumped in and got a mate to rock steering wheel to find the problem and the bush on the panhard that joins to the chassis was moving had at most 3mm movement but with the lift is enough to rock it around had a pressed in bushing with a metal sleeve in it and got told that you need the genuine nissan ones cos they have the sleeve vulcanised in the rubber so when you flex the front it doesnt stretch out the bush. replaced it and is all good now, $25 for bush and $40 to fit

cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts