• Yes

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 2186 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
21,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
The odds are ever in Donald Trump's favor.
Helmut Norpoth, a professor of political science at Stony Brook University, has developed a statistical model that predicts a 97 percent to 99 percent chance that Trump will win the 2016 presidential election if he wins the Republican nomination, The Blaze reports.
Norpoth's model has correctly predicted the outcome of every single presidential election since 1912 – save one, the election of 1960, which some believe was rigged. It uses a candidate’s performance in their party’s primary coupled with electoral cycle patterns to determine the likely outcome of the general election.

I wouldn't have believed it a few months ago but the trend is firming. It looks as if his Demoncrap opponent will be Hillary 'Walking Eagle' Clinton.

EDIT: Things change and we move on, the thread has previously undergone a name change to make it more international. As another memorial to Esty we will keep this thread, but change its name to reflect a more international aspect, feel free to discuss international politics here but as always be non abusive and respectful of other rites to opinions.
Admin

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,188 Posts
God help us if that ****** Frump, gets in.

Foo

I'm coming behind you corkhead and I'm friggin bigger than you.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,402 Posts
Go trump, but unfortunately if you look at the betting market they have Hillary as president. Hey they voted in Ronnie Raygun so anything is possible

I'd like to see Billy chasing interns around the oval orifice

·
The Member Formerly Known as Lusty Dusty
nissan
6,173 Posts
A nutter who 'may or may not' be in possesion of WMDs.

Yankee Storm!....here we go again.....lol.

·
Registered
nissan
21,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So you should be nullack. But remember America is our friend and ally. If someone wants to invade Australia Uncle Sam will get un the way. I'd like to see a strong America. The last eight years they've been sinking under OBummer and the demoncraps.

We have the internet thanks to them. They also believe in the right to keep and bear arms. The movies you watch come from America don't they?

Trump doesn't believe in poor people or Mexicans or Muslims, nor do I.

I think he's a winner and I'd love to see him become President.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,589 Posts
Don't bet on it Esty, frump is an isolationist.

He will not left a finger unless there is a direct result for the US.

He may let us have some weapons a la lend lease of isolationist pre WWII USA.

But boots on the ground of coming to our rescue aint going to happen with him.

He is the last person we want in the white house.

As much as I hate clinton she is still better than him.

·
Registered
nissan
459 Posts
Im more concerned with Aussie politics than that of a foreign nation
Yep, agree with this one.

We have a massively more important relationship with China when it's all said and done, yet I'd be immensely surprised if many here can name the major players in the Chinese political game.

Or even closer to home - who is the opposition leader in New Zealand? How about Indonesia? What's the political situation over there at the moment?

I'm not an expert in this stuff (far from it), but do find many Australians' focus on what is happening in the USA somewhat bewildering.

Yanks are an interesting breed, but they are only a small piece of our world.

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,047 Posts
Frankly it doesn't say much for the collective IQ of the American voter if an imbecile like Trump can buy his way into the Whitehouse.

He lacks intelligence and empathy, and knows how to push the populist buttons to get where he wants to be.

Watch out once he gets in, he'll be like the charming bachelor who turns into a monster the moment he gets married.

I have a fantasy where the political leaders of the free world are intelligent, charismatic, empathetic, well meaning statesmen (or women) who can reason with their allies and opponents, not wealthy businessmen with no conscience who have nothing to gain from further riches and desire only power to further their egoes.

I shake my head in despair at the caliber of the American voting public if he makes it to the top, Lord help us all.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,410 Posts
The american system is pretty freaky. My brother in law (a yank) was explaining how it works to me last weekend.
Very odd and confusing. Even the voters dont get it which seems to work in the pollies favor.
Voting isnt compulsary either, so you only get the people who have some vested interest Voting.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
459 Posts
The american system is pretty freaky. My brother in law (a yank) was explaining how it works to me last weekend.
Very odd and confusing. Even the voters dont get it which seems to work in the pollies favor.
Voting isnt compulsary either, so you only get the people who have some vested interest Voting.

The part I find most interesting is that the current set of "votes" do not in fact determine who will represent each party at the Presidential election. They merely give an indication as to what the party members think. The DELEGATES are the ones who will decide who will represent the party at the election, and they are not bound by the vote of the party members.

Democracy in process hey :)

Our world is a quagmire of riddles, enigmas and downright false beliefs. But it's the best hunting spot I know, so....

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,410 Posts
The part I find most interesting is that the current set of "votes" do not in fact determine who will represent each party at the Presidential election. They merely give an indication as to what the party members think. The DELEGATES are the ones who will decide who will represent the party at the election, and they are not bound by the vote of the party members.

Democracy in process hey :)

Our world is a quagmire of riddles, enigmas and downright false beliefs. But it's the best hunting spot I know, so....
Yep its all smoke and mirrors. Ohh and lots of money too. Hockey would have a feild day over there, his secret sydney buisinessmans club donations would be encouraged!

·
Registered
nissan
201 Posts
Yep its confusing alright, been trying to work it out for a while. Its nowhere near as simple as 'if Trump wins it means the majority of America want him as president', there's so many weird things going on like some states being under-represented in terms of population and things, but most importantly the voting turnout figures are appalling, some primaries had only 9% of eligible voters casting a vote. Delegates, super delegates, the electoral college... its f*Cked.
Trump is an absolute c*ck-womble, he has no discernible redeeming features. He goes on about being a brilliant business man and property idol etc, pfft, he got a million dollar loan from his parents about 45 years ago, access to his very successful father's real estate clients and portfolio, a further $40 million inheritance in '74 and now claims he's worth 10 billion, when expert estimates put him somewhere between 2 and 5 bil. Big numbers they may be but really not that impressive a return, I read he was estimated at $100 million net worth in the late 70s (mostly inherited) and if he would have invested then in the type of scheme a lot of Americans do for their retirement, he'd be worth around $10 billion now.
Add to that dodgy dealings, hypoctrical use of cheap illegal labour (from the people he is so eager to deport), overblown sense of self importance, mafia connections and a distinct lack of intellect, actually no... wait, he's a perfect presidential candidate

·
Registered
nissan patrol
315 Posts
Well Clinton is directly responsible for one of the biggest security breaches in US history and should be in prison potentially facing the death penalty for treason, so Trump has a slight advantage over her there.

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,047 Posts
Well Clinton is directly responsible for one of the biggest security breaches in US history and should be in prison potentially facing the death penalty for treason, so Trump has a slight advantage over her there.
Well that sounds juicy, so at risk of sounding out of touch what was the go there?

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,047 Posts
Yep its confusing alright, been trying to work it out for a while. Its nowhere near as simple as 'if Trump wins it means the majority of America want him as president', there's so many weird things going on like some states being under-represented in terms of population and things, but most importantly the voting turnout figures are appalling, some primaries had only 9% of eligible voters casting a vote. Delegates, super delegates, the electoral college... its f*Cked.
Trump is an absolute c*ck-womble, he has no discernible redeeming features. He goes on about being a brilliant business man and property idol etc, pfft, he got a million dollar loan from his parents about 45 years ago, access to his very successful father's real estate clients and portfolio, a further $40 million inheritance in '74 and now claims he's worth 10 billion, when expert estimates put him somewhere between 2 and 5 bil. Big numbers they may be but really not that impressive a return, I read he was estimated at $100 million net worth in the late 70s (mostly inherited) and if he would have invested then in the type of scheme a lot of Americans do for their retirement, he'd be worth around $10 billion now.
Add to that dodgy dealings, hypoctrical use of cheap illegal labour (from the people he is so eager to deport), overblown sense of self importance, mafia connections and a distinct lack of intellect, actually no... wait, he's a perfect presidential candidate

What's a c*ck-womble?

Not disputing your claim in any way but if I am to use that term in reference to anyone else who I deem to be a moron I need more information, it has a nice ring to it.

I recall the wombles of Wimbledon, wombling free, making good use of the things that we find, things that the every day folks leave behind, but I have little recollection of their penile attachments hence I ask the question.

Top call on the trump-goose, good work :)

1 - 20 of 2186 Posts