Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 18 69.2%
2221 - 2240 of 2274 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
2,694 Posts
I don't think they teach them anything in school...if they do, it doesn't take...

Reactions: Foo

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
2 respected AU journalists (the ABC's Bill Birtles being one) rushed out of China after having their homes searched, relating to the already detained female AU journalist. I heard another journalist speak of a highly motivated communist country, China is no longer 'communist' it is a raging and changing dictatorship.

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,434 Posts
2 respected AU journalists (the ABC's Bill Birtles being one) rushed out of China after having their homes searched, relating to the already detained female AU journalist. I heard another journalist speak of a highly motivated communist country, China is no longer 'communist' it is a raging and changing dictatorship.
It hasn't been even remotely communist since Mao carked it. Probably well before then.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
It hasn't been even remotely communist since Mao carked it. Probably well before then.
Absobloodylutely, but this guy is taking it to an extreme level, like Putin, the only way they get rid of him is if he dies.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,197 Posts
What do you consider Communism as nowadays? Maoism, Marxism, Leninism, Stalinism, Trotskyism, Bolivarianism...

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,451 Posts
What do you consider Communism as nowadays? Maoism, Marxism, Leninism, Stalinism, Trotskyism, Bolivarianism...
Danism 😉

Reactions: heyhey

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,197 Posts
Danism 😉
Haha, Silk road, lockdown controls, awarding +60% of major infrastructures project contracts to CCP subsidiaries

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,451 Posts

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,710 Posts
So, what's your meaning/definition of it? :unsure:

Foo

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,451 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
2,694 Posts
All communist country's are dictatorships...it's the default setting for communism...it doesn't work without someone at the top calling the shots...

Reactions: Grafe

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
All communist country's are dictatorships...it's the default setting for communism...it doesn't work without someone at the top calling the shots...
Yes I fully appreciate that, been around a few years, there has always been a difference between the Russian and Chinese versions of communism, but both are now delving deeper into the full dictatorship side of governence, which is not what their idiology was based on. This guy in China has taken it even further than Mao.
Maybe I should have added the words 'even remotely' to my original sentence "China is no longer 'communist' it is a raging and changing dictatorship".

·
Registered
nissan
2,694 Posts
Even given the difference, and it's not much of a difference; communist ideology doesn't work (human nature get's in the way). This is why there will always be someone who rises to the top and then enforces his or her will on everyone else...

In the west, we have two or three opposing versions of this figurehead at the top, giving the illusion of choice and, we ARE free to complain about it openly...

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,710 Posts
🤣 🤣

Foo

Reactions: Grafe

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,451 Posts
Joe, wired for sound.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,451 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
Trump, wired for a fight. I hear they are looking at possibly shutting down microphones for the second debate so one at a time can speak. The moderator never even had a semblance of control during the 'debacle'.......

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
Trump will be fine with his positive covid 19 test, he only needs to inject something like detol or glen 20.....

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,451 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
So, Trump leaves hospital in his motorcade which promptly turns around and takes him back! Sounds about right.

2221 - 2240 of 2274 Posts