nissan patrol
1,715 Posts
Joe Biden is going to be a busy boy....

If he can be kept at his word??
First time for everything though.

Firstly increase taxes by 30%.
Transition away from fossil fuels.
Meet the Zero Net Emission targets.
The $750 US billion hole created for free University.

To name just a few.

Not sure you would want to be a hard working tax paying citizen of the U.S, because buckle up it's all ahead of you.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Joe Biden is going to be a busy boy....

If he can be kept at his word??
First time for everything though.

Firstly increase taxes by 30%.
Transition away from fossil fuels.
Meet the Zero Net Emission targets.
The $750 US billion hole created for free University.

To name just a few.

Not sure you would want to be a hard working tax paying citizen of the U.S, because buckle up it's all ahead of you.
The top 1% of Americans have 30.4% of America's wealth. The bottom 50% have 1.9% of America's wealth and the gap is growing because of Trumpism. Biden's tax increases will be specifically targeted at the 1% not the rest. He will reverse Trump's tax cuts ( Trump gave himself 25 million USD yearly tax cuts).

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
15,289 Posts
Ole Joe won’t be in long, he’ll get sick and hand over to the VP.

Reactions: grumpyone and Foo

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,715 Posts
The top 1% of Americans have 30.4% of America's wealth. The bottom 50% have 1.9% of America's wealth and the gap is growing because of Trumpism. Biden's tax increases will be specifically targeted at the 1% not the rest. He will reverse Trump's tax cuts ( Trump gave himself 25 million USD yearly tax cuts).

Modern day Robin Hood??

Tax the rich and give to the poor.
Nice.

But....
Won't Big business just base offshore in say...

China??
Cheap labour too!!

·
Registered
nissan
4,985 Posts
Ole Joe won’t be in long, he’ll get sick and hand over to the VP.
I see that as a good thing and he doesn’t need to get sick to do it. They just need to get capable people in the right places and not have the McDonald’s type staff turnaround like Trump did.
Note that, in contrast, Biden is not filling key positions with his big donors.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,194 Posts
I feel so sorry for Biden, he is going to need to live with the ongoing effects of the Covid mess Trump has left him. Sure the vaccine is out there but for the moment it is only the vulnerable that will receive it, the Thanksgiving debacle is still making numbers climb and people are still infecting each other at an exponential rate, I shudder to think of the number of deaths we will see by Christmas. Of course Trump claims to be the Messiah re getting the vaccine out there, but he did nothing to encourage people to take care when he was the man at the helm. I have a lot of friends in the US and I am deeply concerned for them.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,789 Posts
I feel so sorry for Biden, he is going to need to live with the ongoing effects of the Covid mess Trump has left him. Sure the vaccine is out there but for the moment it is only the vulnerable that will receive it, the Thanksgiving debacle is still making numbers climb and people are still infecting each other at an exponential rate, I shudder to think of the number of deaths we will see by Christmas. Of course Trump claims to be the Messiah re getting the vaccine out there, but he did nothing to encourage people to take care when he was the man at the helm. I have a lot of friends in the US and I am deeply concerned for them.
Unfortunately, you can’t pin it all on the orange clown. It was not only a failure of leadership the presidential level, it was at many levels and across both major parties (several democrat states failed to put isolation rules in place).

They also have a healthy distrust of scientists (even before trump came along), the media and expertise in general; and deeply ingrained cultural attitudes about individuality (2nd amendment) and how they value human lives (quite a few ‘lives’ of certain groups actually don’t ‘matter’ in the US) have all combined to result in a horrifically inadequate pandemic response.

Then you look at the woefully inadequate and completely underfunded medical system (and obamas attempted health care reform would not have prevented it), they never stood a chance.

I’m not taking away from trump, his negative approach, delayed actions, wrong policies and much more absolutely contributed to the fast spread. But no matter what it was still going to go through the country like a dose of salts.

Just look at California. A state of emergency has been in place in the state since March 4, 2020. A mandatory statewide stay-at-home order was issued on March 19. But in September California had the highest number of confirmed cases in the United States, and the fourth-highest count of deaths related to the virus. It’s a state that completely ignored Trump and did everything it could to prevent the spread, and it was still devastated …

It’s a cultural thing …

Reactions: grumpyone

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,194 Posts
Unfortunately, you can’t pin it all on the orange clown. It was not only a failure of leadership the presidential level, it was at many levels and across both major parties (several democrat states failed to put isolation rules in place).

They also have a healthy distrust of scientists (even before trump came along), the media and expertise in general; and deeply ingrained cultural attitudes about individuality (2nd amendment) and how they value human lives (quite a few ‘lives’ of certain groups actually don’t ‘matter’ in the US) have all combined to result in a horrifically inadequate pandemic response.

Then you look at the woefully inadequate and completely underfunded medical system (and obamas attempted health care reform would not have prevented it), they never stood a chance.

I’m not taking away from trump, his negative approach, delayed actions, wrong policies and much more absolutely contributed to the fast spread. But no matter what it was still going to go through the country like a dose of salts.

Just look at California. A state of emergency has been in place in the state since March 4, 2020. A mandatory statewide stay-at-home order was issued on March 19. But in September California had the highest number of confirmed cases in the United States, and the fourth-highest count of deaths related to the virus. It’s a state that completely ignored Trump and did everything it could to prevent the spread, and it was still devastated …

It’s a cultural thing …
I appreciate all that, but 'the buck stops with him'. He showed no leadership whatsoever in working with the public to minimise damage, it was all me, me, me.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,715 Posts
I appreciate all that, but 'the buck stops with him'. He showed no leadership whatsoever in working with the public to minimise damage, it was all me, me, me.

That's a little naive.
There's no doubt he could have done alot more.

It's like blaming Scott Morrison for Victoria's bungled hotel quarantine fiasco.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,194 Posts
That's a little naive.
There's no doubt he could have done alot more.

It's like blaming Scott Morrison for Victoria's bungled hotel quarantine fiasco.
Whatever, you obviously didn't read exactly what I said, but you did get part of my point.

·
Premium Member
nissan
6,872 Posts
Unfortunately, you can’t pin it all on the orange clown.
True, he should have done good stuff which he didn't, and although it would have been bad enough if he did nothing but instead, by his words and actions he contributed to the problem. The US would have been in trouble anyway but Trump made it worse instead of better. He deserved to get fired.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,789 Posts
Yes, he should have done more, so yes he was absolutely part of the problem. But there were states that did do the right thing, and it did not do a damn thing. Even if dump closed the country down at the get go it would not have done anything either. Too many believe in their inalienable rights are just that.

Reactions: vanderbro
2541 - 2560 of 2592 Posts