·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,194 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
4,985 Posts
Also looks like Trump got rid of US Attorney General Bill Barr who found no proof of voter fraud. It’s been expected for a while.

Trump is also moving faster on Federal executions. For the guy who sexually molested then killed his own 2 year old daughter, I kind of agree with that one..

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,194 Posts
So, Xi Jinping is banning our coal now, where does it stop with this bully?

·
Premium Member
nissan
6,872 Posts
Even if dump closed the country down at the get go it would not have done anything either. Too many believe in their inalienable rights are just that.
I think some leadership by the president encouraging people to do the right thing for their country even if they believed they had the right to behave badly, would have helped just as much as good legislation but trump neither legislated nor encouraged responsible behaviour but rather encouraged irresponsibility in the name of liberty and then said they were doing a good job handling the pandemic. The guy was an idiot.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,789 Posts
Never said he wasn't, quite to opposite actually. Still has very little to do with trump and a lot to do with American thinking.

I'm sure Ross will know what I am talking about when it comes to the average Joe, how the country came to be, the basic tenents of the republic, how they think, how the states (individually) govern and much more. The whole ball of wax.

If it was only effective leadership that was the main requirement then what is happening in Germany, nay, the whole of europe, now. They only "just" dampened the first wave and we still have second waves laying waste. But that "dampening" was never going to happen in the US in the first place.

Anyway, don't care.

·
nissan patrol
15,789 Posts
So, Xi Jinping is banning our coal now, where does it stop with this bully?
lol, thought you would have figured that out.

It ends when we are on bended knee proclaiming china as our moral saviour and rightful leader of all nations.

Or someone puts a bullet in him. ;)

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,194 Posts
lol, thought you would have figured that out.

It ends when we are on bended knee proclaiming china as our moral saviour and rightful leader of all nations.

Or someone puts a bullet in him. ;)
I'm deaf not stupid, that part is easy to figure out, it is how we achieve a result without those extremes I question, the first one is not an option. Many countries are cheesed off with him.

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,573 Posts
The problem is there are too many greedy plicks in each and every country for the rest of the world to get together and say, "F*** of China. None of us will deal with you in any way whatsoever."

Yes I know some of the small players who deal largely with China would suffer in that scenario, but many of them are suffering under the current scenario.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,715 Posts
I'm deaf not stupid, that part is easy to figure out, it is how we achieve a result without those extremes I question, the first one is not an option. Many countries are cheesed off with him.

Screenshot_20201216-083524_Chrome.jpg

You can't achieve a result when this is how they treat people. And this is only the tip of the iceberg.

It's almost laughable, after calls to look inward and to invest in Australia due to covid-19, we have Alan Joice willing to dispatch 2000 Qantas employees for Chinese labor.

We the consumer are a big part of the problem, as we demand lowest cost products with maximum returns on our investment

It's a race to the bottom.

·
Premium Member
TD42 GQ
1,118 Posts
Australia, we have a problem...
We've become addicted to cheap manufactured goods from China. So addicted, in fact, that we've lost the ability to manufacture things ourselves.
We've become so lazy and spoilt. We think our hourly labour rate is worth 10x that of Asian workers. What makes us so special?
On average we live a lavish lifestyle.
We pay for all this by digging up rocks and selling them to China. That's what we do. We dig up rocks.
But, there's lots of other guys out there with rocks to dig up. Digging up rocks isn't all that special.
China is transitioning away from our rocks and buying their rocks elsewhere. It was always gonna happen.
Australia probably needs to smarten up, find new markets and start making things again. Or, submit apathetically to serfdom under Chinese terms.

·
Registered
nissan
492 Posts
Was only reading a article about Lobster sold out of WA. 95% was tagged and bagged for China export and ONLY 5% for the Aussie Market. Now with the Lobster "ban" there's a big push for Aussie to "buy off the boat", and NOW cheap prices.
Well I love Lobster, yet I wont be going down in a hurry to support them as it is ONLY now they want to supply Aussie with cost effective fresh Lobster.
I personally think its a bit rich. Plus I bet once a new market over sea is found we as Aussies will be dumped again.

There are Markets in Australia, but it doesn't fit the get rich scheme many work on. (For all products)

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,194 Posts
Was only reading a article about Lobster sold out of WA. 95% was tagged and bagged for China export and ONLY 5% for the Aussie Market. Now with the Lobster "ban" there's a big push for Aussie to "buy off the boat", and NOW cheap prices.
Well I love Lobster, yet I wont be going down in a hurry to support them as it is ONLY now they want to supply Aussie with cost effective fresh Lobster.
I personally think its a bit rich. Plus I bet once a new market over sea is found we as Aussies will be dumped again.

There are Markets in Australia, but it doesn't fit the get rich scheme many work on. (For all products)
Reality bites.

·
Premium Member
TD42 GQ
1,118 Posts

Yep, $20 lobsters at Woolies and Coles, half the usual price. Sold out apparently.
Well if the supermarkets are selling to Joe Average for 20 bucks, they must be paying the fisheries a lot less than that.
Which begs the question, how much was china paying per item when they were taking 95% of production?
...Maybe the fisheries will harvest less fish from our shores. Which will be good for our environment...
That is, until the new Chinese fishery rumoured for Daru in New Guinea gets ramped up. Then, think "Giant Vacuum Cleaner"

·
nissan patrol
15,789 Posts
no one said you were stupid.

and there is no way to achieve a result with china, they are too set on the wolf warrior path under Xi's form of dictatorship, and the use of extremes are the only way it is going to change.

and the most likely extreme that will come about will be internal, not from the west.

China itself, be it a bullet from the politburo, or national uprising, is pretty much the only mechanism that will stop ol' Xi.

My prediction is that the world will start with more criticisms, and possibly sanctions (if Xi's trigger finger does not get impatient), Xi will lose his rag and we will see a shooting war kick off (probably Taiwan).

Reactions: Foo

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
15,289 Posts

Reactions: grumpyone and Foo

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
15,289 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
4,985 Posts
Bit of a backfire with the coal.
Also interesting how the article appears to focus the start of all this on Morrison being conned into pushing the Chinese for an investigation about COVID and how he is one of the few in the world to back Trump against the WHO.

2561 - 2580 of 2592 Posts