Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

With the current Ukraine situation, where are the hands on the doomsday clock situated?

2901 - 2920 of 2942 Posts

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
NP300
16,030 Posts
Apparently, and according to Moscow, we (the west) have started WWIII with the sinking of the warship Moskva.

Irrelevant that the Ukrainians sunk it with a home grown Ukrainian produced weapon, that was based on the old Soviet KH-35 anti ship missile.

It would be as funny AF, if it wasn't for the fact that Russia started this shyte show the moment they waltzed across the Ukrainian border and their propaganda machine, which is putting Goebbels to shame, will probably kill millions. :mad:

·
Rogue
D23 Navara ST-X
20,466 Posts
Apparently, and according to Moscow, we (the west) have started WWIII with the sinking of the warship Moskva.

Irrelevant that the Ukrainians sunk it with a home grown Ukrainian produced weapon, that was based on the old Soviet KH-35 anti ship missile.

It would be as funny AF, if it wasn't for the fact that Russia started this shyte show the moment they waltzed across the Ukrainian border and their propaganda machine, which is putting Goebbels to shame, will probably kill millions. :mad:
Absolutely chaotic reporting from Russian media. On one hand, they will not admit the fire caused on the Moskva was caused by an attack. Then on the other, it is WWIII because NATO supplied weapons to Ukraine that then attacked and subsequently sunk the ship, but then they also acknowledge the Neptune. Which is it, Russia's military antiquities are unreliable duds or their military antiquities aren't up to thwarting and preventing an attack from Ukraine?

I'm still waiting to hear how those couple of site explosions occurred in Russian territory a few weeks back. Were they poor border protection that allowed Ukrainian attack or were they poorly trained and operated support networks that had industrial accidents?

Reactions: DB-101 and Foo

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
3,586 Posts
Absolutely chaotic reporting from Russian media. On one hand, they will not admit the fire caused on the Moskva was caused by an attack. Then on the other, it is WWIII because NATO supplied weapons to Ukraine that then attacked and subsequently sunk the ship, but then they also acknowledge the Neptune. Which is it, Russia's military antiquities are unreliable duds or their military antiquities aren't up to thwarting and preventing an attack from Ukraine?

I'm still waiting to hear how those couple of site explosions occurred in Russian territory a few weeks back. Were they poor border protection that allowed Ukrainian attack or were they poorly trained and operated support networks that had industrial accidents?
Both, and neither -- simultaneously.

You'd better improve your doublethink skills sharpish Comrade, or it will be off to the gulag for you!

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
52,510 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
52,510 Posts
Will Russia agree to any amendment that reduces their veto power? Would the USA? Or China?
Who knows but at least it is a start to a conversation, hence the 'about time'. And there are the other two on that panel, France and UK.

·
NP300
16,030 Posts
Will Russia agree to any amendment that reduces their veto power? Would the USA? Or China?
Not up to them, it is a UN amendment, there are 193 member states, as long as 129 others vote for the amendment it is irrelevant what United States, United Kingdom, France, China or Russia say.

Quote;
Charter of the United Nations can be amended. According to Article 108 of the Charter.

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
3,586 Posts
Not up to them, it is a UN amendment, there are 193 member states, as long as 129 others vote for the amendment it is irrelevant what United States, United Kingdom, France, China or Russia say.

Quote;
Charter of the United Nations can be amended. According to Article 108 of the Charter.
The fact that the 5 veto countries don't have the right to veto amendments to their veto powers is probably the most sensible (and surprising) thing I've ever heard about the UN.

·
NP300
16,030 Posts
The fact that the 5 veto countries don't have the right to veto amendments to their veto powers is probably the most sensible (and surprising) thing I've ever heard about the UN.
From what I read I get this.

Quote:
Under the General Assembly resolution 377A(V), commonly known as the “Uniting for Peace” resolution, the world body resolved that if the Security Council, because of lack of unanimity of the permanent members, fails to exercise its primary responsibility for the maintenance of international peace and security in any case where there appears to be a threat to the peace, breach of the peace, or act of aggression, it shall consider the matter immediately with a view to making appropriate recommendations to members for collective measures.
End

Russia’s actions in the Crimea and Ukraine is already been identified, voted on and recognised by the UN under humanitarian transgressions (they have deemed the current invasion a humanitarian disaster) and armed aggression since Russia took the Crimea. It is why the UN has been able to propose the Security Council amendment.

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
7,088 Posts
Saudi Arabia trolls Biden after soured relationship

·
Registered
nissan
5,620 Posts
Maybe because the US is looking a bit closer at the $2 billion the Saudis are investing with Jared Kushner, Trump's son in law..

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
52,510 Posts
Seeing as many Middle Eastern countries can't separate religion from politics I'll put this article here. I wasn't too familiar with the Sufi brand of Islam and recent attacks on their mosques by other branches of the religion caught my interest, this article from 2017 gives a good overview. Islam, a religion of peace? I think not.

·
NP300
16,030 Posts
I see reports of Putin possibly having bowel cancer, may be the reason he invaded the Ukraine at this time.

There seems to be more and a little urgency in his actions, and the nuclear threats, that may driven by his personal health issues.

Despots are all about legacy.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
19,431 Posts
Parkinson’s has been mentioned, too.

2901 - 2920 of 2942 Posts