Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

With the current Ukraine situation, where are the hands on the doomsday clock situated?

2921 - 2940 of 2942 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
52,510 Posts
I see reports of Putin possibly having bowel cancer, may be the reason he invaded the Ukraine at this time.

There seems to be more and a little urgency in his actions, and the nuclear threats, that may driven by his personal health issues.

Despots are all about legacy.
Parkinson’s has been mentioned, too.
I watched a news item from OS on Putin where they were discussing the cancer, debenture, parkinsons, scenarios based on 'evidence' from interviews and russian news items, they showed him gripping the table with one hand and his foot tapping while talking with another world leader recently and how this was being used as evidence, they went back 10 years and found footage of him doing exactly the same thing, only difference was the other hand was gripping the table with same foot tapping.
Nothing would make me happier than him not waking up tomorrow (not even clive palmer), I'm not sure anyone knows what goes on with him and his health, he is so closely guarded by his devoted (maybe money inspired) followers I'm not sure anything accurate escapes the Kremlin, one can only hope he does actually have it and dies a horrible death.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
52,510 Posts
A friend of mine in the US just linked this to me, quite interesting and deep.
Forehead Hair Chin Mouth Jaw

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
52,510 Posts

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
28,339 Posts
A lot of money, let's hope that arsehole Putin gets a rocket up his arse and we never here from him again. Although, if he does have cancer, I hope it subjects him to immeasurable pain and suffering. 🤞

Foo

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
NP300
16,030 Posts
So, Finland has announced its decision to join NATO as quickly as possible, Sweden is expected to follow suit shortly.

Is Putin feeling cornered? Will he lash out with nukes? As Captain Miller said in Saving Private Ryan; “Things have taken a turn for the surreal”.

Moscow has, of course, warned of consequences. Kremlin spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, has stressed that NATO's eastward expansion would not bring stability to Europe. And last month former Russian President Dmitry Medvedev warned that Moscow would fortify its presence in the Baltic region if Finland and Sweden joined NATO.

But there is the other side of the coin given what we see on the idiot box daily, the lady below may be right.

Elisabeth Braw, Resident Fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, says that a Russian invasion of Finland or Sweden is highly unlikely.

"Nobody would seriously argue that Russia is likely to invade Sweden or Finland if they apply for NATO membership because Russia clearly doesn't have the resources. At the moment it's not only tied down in Ukraine, but is putting on a really poor show in Ukraine. So now would not be the time for Russia to retaliate militarily against Sweden and or Finland," she said.

And what will NATO get out of it?

Quote; Harry Nedelcu, NATO expert and director of policy at Rasmussen Global, an international political consultancy.

"The first message of these nations joining NATO is political and targeted towards Russia. Secondly, for NATO it's all about the genuine capabilities that Finland and Sweden are bringing to the table. While everybody else in Europe has been sort of winding down their military capabilities after the Cold War, Finland and Sweden have been building their military capabilities, that can bring quite a bit to the alliance,"
End

Sounds like a smart move on Nato it would seem

But it’s all in the hands of the closest thing to a deranged hitler we have had since, well, hitler. And who knows if a madman might just say fcuk it, and hit the big reset button.

(ok, and stalin for the anally impaired, and the likes of pol pot, idi, mugabe et al were just amateur sideshows).

Interesting times. :unsure:

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
52,510 Posts
So, Finland has announced its decision to join NATO as quickly as possible, Sweden is expected to follow suit shortly.

Is Putin feeling cornered? Will he lash out with nukes? As Captain Miller said in Saving Private Ryan; “Things have taken a turn for the surreal”.

Moscow has, of course, warned of consequences. Kremlin spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, has stressed that NATO's eastward expansion would not bring stability to Europe. And last month former Russian President Dmitry Medvedev warned that Moscow would fortify its presence in the Baltic region if Finland and Sweden joined NATO.

But there is the other side of the coin given what we see on the idiot box daily, the lady below may be right.

Elisabeth Braw, Resident Fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, says that a Russian invasion of Finland or Sweden is highly unlikely.

"Nobody would seriously argue that Russia is likely to invade Sweden or Finland if they apply for NATO membership because Russia clearly doesn't have the resources. At the moment it's not only tied down in Ukraine, but is putting on a really poor show in Ukraine. So now would not be the time for Russia to retaliate militarily against Sweden and or Finland," she said.

And what will NATO get out of it?

Quote; Harry Nedelcu, NATO expert and director of policy at Rasmussen Global, an international political consultancy.

"The first message of these nations joining NATO is political and targeted towards Russia. Secondly, for NATO it's all about the genuine capabilities that Finland and Sweden are bringing to the table. While everybody else in Europe has been sort of winding down their military capabilities after the Cold War, Finland and Sweden have been building their military capabilities, that can bring quite a bit to the alliance,"
End

Sounds like a smart move on Nato it would seem

But it’s all in the hands of the closest thing to a deranged hitler we have had since, well, hitler. And who knows if a madman might just say fcuk it, and hit the big reset button.

(ok, and stalin for the anally impaired, and the likes of pol pot, idi, mugabe et al were just amateur sideshows).

Interesting times. :unsure:
The sooner a bullet goes through Putins forehead the better off the world will be, sorry for saying that openly but it is the truth, maybe Russia will wake up to reality of its situation then, nothing seems to be getting through to the masses at the moment. I'm not sure there is a worse example of ex KGB morons there to take his place.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
52,510 Posts
Just heard from a friend of mine in a country on the border that the rumour is Putin has blood cancer, that would be nice.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
52,510 Posts
Watching a doco called White Noise - Inside Racist Right, (US Alt - Right). Bloody hell, if you get a chance to watch it, do, they are out there and walk among us. The number of social media followers these guys rack up is astonishing.

·
Registered
nissan
5,620 Posts
Watching a doco called White Noise - Inside Racist Right, (US Alt - Right). Bloody hell, if you get a chance to watch it, do, they are out there and walk among us. The number of social media followers these guys rack up is astonishing.
Did you see the report on the mass shooting in Buffalo NY? 18 year old white kid shot and killed 10 people in a black neighbourhood..

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
3,046 Posts
I watched some of this. It was disturbing. More so their views on women.

I can see "some" parallel's here in our Australian politics. It is a slippery slope. Matt Kean from the NSW LNP summed it up pretty well.

"Last week, New South Wales Treasurer and moderate faction powerbroker Matt Kean weighed in -

We've seen the impact of what happens when centre-right parties lose moderate voices," he said at a press conference while standing next to Mr Sharma.

"Look at the Republican Party [in the US] … [it's] now become the party of Trump, the party of Putin sympathisers and anti-vaxxers"

Reactions: JFF45

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
52,510 Posts
Did you see the report on the mass shooting in Buffalo NY? 18 year old white kid shot and killed 10 people in a black neighbourhood..
Yes I did and there has been another smaller one since, 1 dead 5 injured in a church shooting in Orange County Cal.
198 mass shootings in US so far for 2022!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
NP300
16,030 Posts
Having lived and worked in the 'merican south none of it surprises me.

Some of the heavily armed rednecks I worked with were certifiable loony nazis.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
52,510 Posts
This is just horrendous, when will they wake up? These people live and walk among us, even here, but through management not in the same percentage as the US. Like DB I've worked across the US, I have many good friends who would be just as shocked as we are but you just know there are others who follow and repeat such actions. As I mentioned in a previous post there have been 198 mass shootings so far this year in the US.
What we know about Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect Payton Gendron

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
52,510 Posts
Putin dies and goes to hell, but after a while, he is given a day off for good behavior.

So he goes to Moscow, enters a bar, orders a drink, and asks the bartender:

-Is Crimea ours?

-Yes, it is.

-And the Donbas?

-Also ours.

-And Kyiv?

-We got that too.

Satisfied, Putin drinks, and asks:

-Thanks, how much do I owe you?

-5 euros.

Forehead Nose Chin Eyebrow Shirt

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
52,510 Posts
He said he had never been so ashamed of his country.

·
Registered
nissan
5,620 Posts
2921 - 2940 of 2942 Posts