Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

With the current Ukraine situation, where are the hands on the doomsday clock situated?

3021 - 3040 of 3080 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
54,696 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
54,696 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
20,776 Posts
Joe and the abc, 🤔🤔. I trust neither.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
54,696 Posts
Joe and the abc, 🤔🤔. I trust neither.
Did you read the bit about trump and what he would do back in power? That was why I posted it, not because of Joe.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
20,776 Posts
I don’t trust the media with what they come up with.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
54,696 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
20,776 Posts
Did you read the bit about trump and what he would do back in power? That was why I posted it, not because of Joe.
I did read that, I still don’t trust the media reporting that. 🤔

Reactions: grumpyone

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
54,696 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
54,696 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
3,175 Posts
Interesting that Lachlan Murdoch, the champion of free speech, is taking action against a small Australian media outlet for defamation.

Lachlan has to proceed in our jurisdiction as like it or not, wrongly or rightly one thing America does take seriously is the right to free speech.

"The US Supreme Court, which largely sets precedents for guiding defamation cases, has repeatedly ruled in favour of supporting the first amendment relating to freedom of speech, giving media companies wide protections in their reporting and commentary"

Also interesting that his father Rupert has never sued anyone for defamation.

My point is anything reported in Australia by Australian media outlets is usually carefully vetted, unless it is from the Murdoch media as they are hardly going to sue themselves.

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
29,052 Posts
A shame that Plump isn't a Russian. ;)

My wife has a couple of friends that worked in Home Land Security and they were all happy when he got into office but their minds soon changed after he took over. :rolleyes:

They quite after 2yrs, even though they were of the same ilk, politically. They said he would say one thing and when it didn't go how he liked it, would change his mind and then there was the outright lying that he had said to staff. It was total mayhem and deceit that finally drove the wedge. This bloke is dangerous yet the stupid Republicans that are Flat Earthers can't see it! :rolleyes:

Foo

Reactions: geeyoutoo

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
4,010 Posts
This bloke is dangerous yet the stupid Republicans that are Flat Earthers can't see it! :rolleyes:

Foo
They can see it, they just don't care because he has a chitload of votes tied to him personally. No Trump = those votes vanish. Power is the most important thing to many pollies.

Problem is, he has drummed up a LOT of opposition, and it's hard to tell how many of those who turned out last time to vote against him would bother turning up to vote if he wasn't running.

So they have to weigh up the votes he brings for, against the votes he generates against.

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
29,052 Posts
They can see it, they just don't care because he has a chitload of votes tied to him personally. No Trump = those votes vanish. Power is the most important thing to many pollies.

Problem is, he has drummed up a LOT of opposition, and it's hard to tell how many of those who turned out last time to vote against him would bother turning up to vote if he wasn't running.

So they have to weigh up the votes he brings for, against the votes he generates against.
Not so sure with the public that hang on his every word. 🤔

Foo

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
54,696 Posts

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
29,052 Posts
The Queen has passed away. 😩 Will we now become a republic?

She was the last true royal, because she conducted herself with true dignity and upheld her pledge to work till the end. The same can't be said for the rest of her family that are currently alive. I'm not a royal but I did have much respect for her.

Foo

·
Rogue
D23 Navara ST-X | Waiting for my Ranger Raptor V6TT
20,585 Posts
I hope we can find a way to not undertake the expensive rebranding exercise before the referendum

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
29,052 Posts
I hope we can find a way to not undertake the expensive rebranding exercise before the referendum
It's a total waste of money if you ask me, what will change for us as a country? :unsure:

Foo

3021 - 3040 of 3080 Posts