Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

With the current Ukraine situation, where are the hands on the doomsday clock situated?

3061 - 3080 of 3080 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
54,696 Posts

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
29,052 Posts
Putin met with Xi last week, then declared mobilisation soon after. Coincidence?
But I don't think the Chinaman endorsed Plootin's war though, well not publicly. :unsure:

Foo

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
54,696 Posts

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
4,010 Posts
Forgive me for thinking, but people are laughing at Putin for his "partial military mobilisation", i.e. conscription.

Didn't the Ukrainians do this at the start of the war? But to damn near every male in the country.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
54,696 Posts
Forgive me for thinking, but people are laughing at Putin for his "partial military mobilisation", i.e. conscription.

Didn't the Ukrainians do this at the start of the war? But to damn near every male in the country.
Yes, but I think there was a distinct difference, one is fighting for survival, the other is fighting to regain 'glory' of bygone days.

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
29,052 Posts

They weren't invading Russia though. 🤔 They were also going out of their way to join, so that they could defend their country, so a big motivating factor there for them. 👍

Foo

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,890 Posts
Nothing "partial" about Ukraine's mobilisation. They were fighting for their own sovereignty and freedom. I'd say it was entirely appropriate that they went early and went hard.

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
4,010 Posts
I'm certainly not disputing the Why's. It just amuses me that Russia's call up is taken as a sign of panic, but the Ukrainian one isn't/wasn't?!?

@Foo if everyone was queuing up to join, why would the Ukrainians have needed conscription? The biggest queues were people fleeing the invasion.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
54,696 Posts
I'm certainly not disputing the Why's. It just amuses me that Russia's call up is taken as a sign of panic, but the Ukrainian one isn't/wasn't?!?

@Foo if everyone was queuing up to join, why would the Ukrainians have needed conscription? The biggest queues were people fleeing the invasion.
Australians with Ukraine roots went over to fight as did many others from many other countries, of course people who don't wish to fight will leave their country, look at what is happening on Russian borders right now, the true believers will stay and fight and from what I read on international news sites I'd bet my left testicle that the percentage of stay and fight is higher in Ukraine than in Russia.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
54,696 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
54,696 Posts
Just listening to the US secretary of state on Ukraine at the UN, he said that if Russia stops fighting the war ends, if Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. The Russian minister 'left the building'.

·
Registered
nissan gq
3,126 Posts
Australians with Ukraine roots went over to fight as did many others from many other countries, of course people who don't wish to fight will leave their country, look at what is happening on Russian borders right now, the true believers will stay and fight and from what I read on international news sites I'd bet my left testicle that the percentage of stay and fight is higher in Ukraine than in Russia.
I'd bet BOTH of yours 🤣

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,890 Posts
It just amuses me that Russia's call up is taken as a sign of panic, but the Ukrainian one isn't/wasn't?!?
The Ukraine one was definitely a sign of panic. Nobody is surprised when David starts panicking at the sight of Goliath but it's pretty funny when things don't go as expected and Goliath starts to panic.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
54,696 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gq
3,126 Posts
Hopefully,but his KGB background and two decades of absolute power and kleptocracy will be his "right",so I think it will have to be a decisive action from within russia to oust him,[ which floor is the office on ? ] Hopefully there are level heads in the kremlin,but they will not {obviously} be his close confidants,so a house cleaning special operation will be in order.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
54,696 Posts
Hopefully,but his KGB background and two decades of absolute power and kleptocracy will be his "right",so I think it will have to be a decisive action from within russia to oust him,[ which floor is the office on ? ] Hopefully there are level heads in the kremlin,but they will not {obviously} be his close confidants,so a house cleaning special operation will be in order.
Absolutely, I've said before, sadly the only way to get rid of him is assassination and it will need to come from within. But as protests grow and Soldier deaths climb, which they inevitably will with untrained soldiers, then one of his Generals or military advisers must take the next step.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
20,776 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
54,696 Posts
3061 - 3080 of 3080 Posts