Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

With the current Ukraine situation, where are the hands on the doomsday clock situated?

3241 - 3260 of 3264 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
6,133 Posts
Following her loss to Katie Hobbs, Kari Lake tweets "Arizonans know BS when they see it". I wonder if she realises just how succinctly that sums up exactly why she lost.
The fact that she repeatedly criticised the John McCain legacy, in keeping with her Trump idolatry, also would have lost her votes in that state.

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
4,284 Posts
Things could be about to get....interesting.

·
Rogue
22' Ranger Raptor V6TT
20,638 Posts
I don't think there will be anything directly from NATO to respond to that, but they may push some long-range weapons they've been holding off providing into Ukraine fire off some shots and fall back

Reactions: Foo

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
21,850 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
21,850 Posts

·
Rogue
22' Ranger Raptor V6TT
20,638 Posts
Seems legit, have tested it myself. If you consider they might not actually be targeting Maidan Square or that specific location in Lviv, then you can see how this would actually work.

Reactions: Haggie

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
3,328 Posts
Still waiting for Albo and pong to retract their statements about Russia attacking Poland, crickets.
You might be waiting a while.........they are politicians after all.

Looks like most of the presenters on fox news have dumped Trump. I would say they and some already are will be backing Desantis.

Sky news Australia have not got the memo yet.

Reactions: JFF45

·
Registered
nissan
6,133 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
6,133 Posts
You might be waiting a while.........they are politicians after all.

Looks like most of the presenters on fox news have dumped Trump. I would say they and some already are will be backing Desantis.

Sky news Australia have not got the memo yet.
Not only Murdoch dumping him. A few of the billionaire mega-donors like Schwartzman from Blackstone, Kenneth Griffin and Ronald Lauder have stated they won't back him. Probably Larry Ellison too..

Edit: quote from a Yahoo Finance article:

"At least five Republican Party megadonors say they’re done with Donald Trump as GOP unease with the former president continues to grow following the party’s poor performance in the 2022 midterms.
Andy Sabin, Ken Griffin, Ronald Lauder, Steve Schwarzman and Thomas Peterffy this week all said they were distancing themselves from Trump’s 2024 presidential campaign.
“I’m not going to give (Trump) a ****ing nickel,” said New York metal mogul Andy Sabin, who plans to back Florida’s Gov. Ron DeSantis if he decides to run."

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
56,163 Posts
Ch7 interviewed a wealthy media supporter of Trump this morning, WOFTAM, this guy was still spruiking the stolen election carrying on about 11mil votes, then natalie barr wants to argue with him, the point being???? Why on earth would ch7 give him airtime and waste our time with such crap, I'm going to write to them. The interview went on and on with pure rubbish, damn there are some idiots in this world!

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
NP300
16,277 Posts
Does not look like the GOP has learned anything from the mid terms and the reported swing away from the continuous, and contentiously divisive, more than a little redneckie isolationist “us against the soft commie left who will take away your freedoms” BS politics of the repub’s as being a key factor in arresting the red wave.

(say that in one, while drinking coffee as I did reading it back, I need tissues…)

A below is from a paid prescription news site. Forbes, if you do not use Forbes then you get a few free views per month before you have to pay, which is what I do.

Not going to paste the link either, 95% owned by a relatively new (2014) company called Integrated Whale Media Investments of Hong Kong, and given that it is known that the ccp has invested through them internationally, and china is all about propaganda and media control, I am protesting the site lol.

Anyway, it seems more than a little hypocritical after always blocking investigations of trump, and the whole Bush Sr, Jr era and the likes former business partner and GW’s VP Dick Cheney being the ex president of Texan oilfield service company, Halliburton. A company that had a long working association with the Bush oil businesses.

Also a company that scored trillions in contracts, and the greater many for which it had no experience in. Essentially for everything that was not soldier issued and battle ready boots the on ground kit or ammunition. From catering and accommodation, to civilian supply and training, transport, site security etc etc needed in the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Bush, Cheney, Halliburton, Texas, coincidence?

Quote;

House Republicans vowed Thursday to make their investigation of Hunter Biden’s foreign business dealings a “top priority” next year, focusing their efforts squarely on linking President Joe Biden to the alleged misconduct, setting up a battle with the White House the day after Republicans won the House majority—but the White House strenuously denied the GOP’s claims.

Rep. James Comer (R-Ky.), who is slated to chair the powerful House Oversight and Reform Committee next year, said Republicans have uncovered evidence that shows the president “misused his public positions to further his family’s financial interests.”

Comer said in no uncertain terms that the president is the target of the probe: “To be clear, Joe Biden is the big guy,” he said at a news conference flanked by other Republican lawmakers, repeating a term Republicans claim was used to refer to the president in emails about Hunter Biden’s business dealings uncovered on the younger Biden’s laptop.

Comer laid out a trove of evidence he claimed the committee has uncovered from Hunter Biden’s laptop and from other sources, including documents that he said show Biden participated in “meetings and phone calls” and “was a partner with access to an office” in his family’s business dealings, which Comer said span 50 countries (Biden has repeatedly said he’s never spoken to his son about his overseas business dealings).

End.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
56,163 Posts
Does not look like the GOP has learned anything from the mid terms and the reported swing away from the continuous, and contentiously divisive, more than a little redneckie isolationist “us against the soft commie left who will take away your freedoms” BS politics of the repub’s as being a key factor in arresting the red wave.

(say that in one, while drinking coffee as I did reading it back, I need tissues…)

A below is from a paid prescription news site. Forbes, if you do not use Forbes then you get a few free views per month before you have to pay, which is what I do.

Not going to paste the link either, 95% owned by a relatively new (2014) company called Integrated Whale Media Investments of Hong Kong, and given that it is known that the ccp has invested through them internationally, and china is all about propaganda and media control, I am protesting the site lol.

Anyway, it seems more than a little hypocritical after always blocking investigations of trump, and the whole Bush Sr, Jr era and the likes former business partner and GW’s VP Dick Cheney being the ex president of Texan oilfield service company, Halliburton. A company that had a long working association with the Bush oil businesses.

Also a company that scored trillions in contracts, and the greater many for which it had no experience in. Essentially for everything that was not soldier issued and battle ready boots the on ground kit or ammunition. From catering and accommodation, to civilian supply and training, transport, site security etc etc needed in the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Bush, Cheney, Halliburton, Texas, coincidence?

Quote;

House Republicans vowed Thursday to make their investigation of Hunter Biden’s foreign business dealings a “top priority” next year, focusing their efforts squarely on linking President Joe Biden to the alleged misconduct, setting up a battle with the White House the day after Republicans won the House majority—but the White House strenuously denied the GOP’s claims.

Rep. James Comer (R-Ky.), who is slated to chair the powerful House Oversight and Reform Committee next year, said Republicans have uncovered evidence that shows the president “misused his public positions to further his family’s financial interests.”

Comer said in no uncertain terms that the president is the target of the probe: “To be clear, Joe Biden is the big guy,” he said at a news conference flanked by other Republican lawmakers, repeating a term Republicans claim was used to refer to the president in emails about Hunter Biden’s business dealings uncovered on the younger Biden’s laptop.

Comer laid out a trove of evidence he claimed the committee has uncovered from Hunter Biden’s laptop and from other sources, including documents that he said show Biden participated in “meetings and phone calls” and “was a partner with access to an office” in his family’s business dealings, which Comer said span 50 countries (Biden has repeatedly said he’s never spoken to his son about his overseas business dealings).

End.
His son didn't do him any favours that is for sure, he is always going to be a target to try and bring Dad down.

Pelosi not nominating for top position, the threat may have gotten to her.

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
29,703 Posts

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
NP300
16,277 Posts
I see that EU lawmakers name Russia a 'state sponsor' of terrorism.

Toothless for sure, but the resolution invites the member states to consider adopting the label to set up the legislation needed that could pave the way for prosecution (i.e. monetary imposition recovery for his war).

Don't expect to see him in the International Criminal Court in The Hague (that needs UN resolution), his own people will knock him off long before that happens.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
56,163 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
21,850 Posts
Saw that the other day suffers from ‘relevance, look at me’ syndrome.
Should just fade away, he’s still looking at getting on the UN gravy train.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
56,163 Posts

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
29,703 Posts
Reactions: geeyoutoo

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn