Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just my 2 bobs worth...........................
I've been using and set up a few Dahua systems with cam numbers from 2 to 12 of.
Not had any issues to date.
I havn't used poe yet as all the ones I've installed I've run a 12v lead with dc plug on the end when running the cat5 but feedback on ipcamtalk forum has no issue with poe.
Dahua NVRs work well as do the cams.
There is also an app for ios and android called IMOU that works well to view the cams live.
I've gone away from email notifications of movement as even spiders set them off. Opening the search function on the NVR tags any movement on the recording bar with yellow tags and can be toggled to show all or just them.
I also purchase from ebay. This is the general model of cam I've been using for people I know.
2.8mm wide angle
3.6mm general use
You can also get complete setups
ex: Dahua Security System 4MP IPC-HDW4433C-A MIC Dome Camera 8CH NVR2108HS-8P-4KS2 | eBay
Cat 5 cables IF needed from many ebay sellers in a multitude of lengths. I always add a meter or so to my measured lengths. Been caught out with having to go around an extra corner.
It will give you something to do over this forced layoff time ;)
Its all plug and play :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
For viewing I run an HDMI lead to a local TV and view on one of the inputs but a pc screen can also be used locally etc.
Ive also used usb to cat5/usb to use a mouse in a different room to view and navigate the nvr if required.
Same for long runs of hdmi using hdmi extenders when necessary (over 10meters.)

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,431 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
325 Posts
As someone that deals with crapple products on a commercial scale. It is not as reliable as you would be lead to believe...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
got any info on the auto tracking camera? not seen one.

Because we sell but loads of Ubiquiti wifi products through the office, I've put a ubiquiti security system in the office and at home and so far been very happy. To get good night vision I found you had to jump to the pro range which jacks the price up quickly but its worth it when you see the difference.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts