Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys lookin at setting my rig up with some decent suspension. I am planning to run a 2-3 inch flexy coil set up with a 6 inch shock. After doing some research i found the ironman foamcells to suit a 6 inch lift have the same extended length as the tough dog shock but is shorter compressed height. Also it will be about $400 cheaper to go down this road. I dont think i do enough extnded trips away or carry enough weight to need the tough dog shock. So the way i see it its less outlay for more travel as long as the shocks are decent. Anyone got any advice opinions or feed back for me?

Cheers :)

Also should mention its a 4.8 gu wagon ally bar no rack or draws though

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,286 Posts
sounds like you have done that hard miles and worked out whats best for you.

A lot of people will get on here and tell you tough dog are ****, others will say there great, some will go for iron man some will say there **** .
I guess the only issus is you pay for what you get, maybe send one of th suspension guru's a pm and see what they recommend

End of the day it's your money, and 4by.

·
Registered
nissan
6 Posts
I have the 2" version and i am more than happy. No failures. I don't do anything too serious as it is my daily drive and am setting it up as more of a tourer. not sure where you are based but send a PM to John from Zordo's Suspension. His site is Zordos 4WD Suspension
He set me up with mine. Great guys could speak highly enough of him. Actually offers most brands of gear and will talk you though choosing the right gear for you.

·
Registered
223 Posts
i put them in my GQ and found them quite harsh. changed to second hand tough dogs and much better ride quality. Having this in mind my spring rating is Heavy Duty so if u run the foam cells with a shock that is a medium duty they will be fine and if u can get them for a good price it may be a good option.

·
Registered
nissan
9 Posts
^^ What they said. Ironmans are kinda stiff but thats how i like it. Stiff in that it feels more planted and stable, not in a kidney wrecking kind of way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts