Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've read a lot of posts on this site regarding fuel economy and all that stuff. I haven't owned my patrol long at all so am pretty new to the whole diesel CRD engine thing. I recently filled my main tank up and between a long trip to Warwick and round town stuff I have gotten around 650k off the main tank. I figure this to be around 13.5 to 14 l per 100klm. Is that excessive???. I do tend to tread heavy with my tight foot to?

Cheers
Daniel

·
Premium Member
Nissan GU1 4.2
422 Posts
I get a constant 14 to 14.5lt over the last 10k. I am happy with that considering the weight I am carrying and that my engine is still stock (at the moment)

·
Registered
nissan
208 Posts
On the long trip segments I notice that much better economy is achieved at 100km/hr compared to 110-115km/hr speed. (eg 11.5 L/100 km compared to 14.5 L/100 km)(this is fully loaded, 4 people all camping gear, frig etc etc) May not sound a great difference to some folks but if you put in several days at 600-700km per day then the $ s start to add up.

Cheers
Anthony

·
Registered
nissan
1,516 Posts
Mine has the two extremes. City driving (which around here is very stop start, hilly etc) we only get 550-600klms. On the highway, even loaded up, we get 850 klms out of the main tank.

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
Mine has the two extremes. City driving (which around here is very stop start, hilly etc) we only get 550-600klms. On the highway, even loaded up, we get 850 klms out of the main tank.

850km from the main??? That's about 9.3L/100 which is unheard of. Are you sure that's correct.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
356 Posts
850km from the main??? That's about 9.3L/100 which is unheard of. Are you sure that's correct.
Wouldn't it be about 11.1 litres per 100km? Which is reasonable. I've been in the 10s a few times. But mainly 11s.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
Wouldn't it be about 11.1 litres per 100km? Which is reasonable. I've been in the 10s a few times. But mainly 11s.

If it were 11.1 then he'd need to pull 95L from the main tank. Given that it's an 85L tank at max capacity then realistically only pulling 80L from it to do 850km.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
356 Posts
I'm under the impression that it is a 95 litre main tank? I could be wrong though and it wouldn't be the first time ;). 95 main and 30 sub = 125 total.

·
Registered
nissan
1,516 Posts
If it were 11.1 then he'd need to pull 95L from the main tank. Given that it's an 85L tank at max capacity then realistically only pulling 80L from it to do 850km.
Im pretty sure its a 95lt tank which would mean it runs at about 11lts per 100klms.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,864 Posts
:rolleyes: We just went through all this tank size thing in the sub tank poll 95L main and either a 30 or 32L sub for Australian models only, conflicting documentation (the 30-32L number is what you get when the pump cuts out automatically).

·
Registered
nissan patrol
194 Posts
I get 11 with my 4.2 TDi, seems CRd's are poor on fuel to me

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Guys
Switched the dub on when the red light came on Today. Klm were around 670 before. The dub filled main tank to just over 1/3 full. Does anyone know how many litres are left when light comes on. Ruck now has done 860 klm and still 1/4 main tank left.

Cheers
Daniel

·
Registered
nissan
2,479 Posts
Hi Guys
Switched the dub on when the red light came on Today. Klm were around 670 before. The dub filled main tank to just over 1/3 full. Does anyone know how many litres are left when light comes on. Ruck now has done 860 klm and still 1/4 main tank left.

Cheers
Daniel

About 10 I believe.

·
Registered
243 Posts
subject

I'm watching this thread with much interest...mainly to work out the difference between the European and Aust spec Patrols. We don't have sub tanks over here and my handbook states my tank is 92 litres...filled to overflowing and driven until the needle hits the empty mark, it consistently takes 85 - 86 litres. (it has a warning light, but I've only ever gone down that far once).

Mine is only the 2.8 turbo version (2001), manual trans, with aircon (which is mostly on), so I do expect to get a better result than the bigger diesels. After an earlier disaster, I replaced the motor with a brand new one, straight from Nissan in Japan and it's travelled just under 10K kms now.

A test I just completed today showed that with around 600kms of highway driving, 5 adults and luggage at speeds up around 120 (limit here is 140 kph), about 250 kms of tarmac country roads (speed limit 90 kph) and the rest was off road, rough as guts, normal stuff, plus a very small amount of in town driving (less than 20 kms).
I've done this test a couple of times since fitting the new motor and the result has always been similar. Distances are checked via my Garmin, local EU road maps and the odometer...always the same result!

Distance travelled from totally full, to needle on the empty mark = 953 kms to 1024 kms.

How does that compare?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
356 Posts
Hi Guys

Cheers
Daniel
I was thinking 15 litres left when the light comes on. I've done it a few times now - light comes on, drive it around a bit more maybe 40-50km, fill up and it uses 86 litres filled to the neck. Maybe someone else has documentation to state at which point the light comes on??

1 - 20 of 43 Posts