Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Nissan Patrol GU Series II
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Di GU series two ZD30 - just want a straight answer, someone please tell me if 14-15 pounds of boost are safe to run on the grenade? yes or no? as i've heard it's to lower boost to run and will strain the motor, but in fact if i run anymore than 14 psi for longer than 7 seconds, goes into limp. my patrol is stock, apart from butterfly blocked, egr block, tillix - (bleed valve running into cabin for on the fly adjustments), 4" pod filter to a 4" 90 degree staino bent reduced to the MAF sensor inlet size with a forefront induction behind that to turbo inlet.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,221 Posts
14psi is OK, EGT could get a bit high under load but controllable. Limp usually occurs at 15-16psi, 14psi is where we recommend people start in their manual boost control. I would be wondering the accuracy of your gauge, I own GUII and have since new, I was able to run 16psi when I first went to manual control.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,671 Posts
14psi is OK, EGT could get a bit high under load but controllable. Limp usually occurs at 15-16psi, 14psi is where we recommend people start in their manual boost control. I would be wondering the accuracy of your gauge, I own GUII and have since new, I was able to run 16psi when I first went to manual control.
It's a turbosmart boost gauge. You are probably right on the money re accuracy. I've read several reports of them reading 2psi under and the instructions for them by Turbosmart do state to have it adjusted by a "appropriately qualified technician" as part of the installation process.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts