Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done abit of searching but havent found the answer, i know a 33 12.5x15 tyre shouldnt go on a 15x7 rim on a vehicle but would it be fine for a box trailer?

:toothmis:

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
I thought you were talking about something else that belongs on the 18+ sites ;)

·
Registered
nissan
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha yeah i didn't think "would a 33 fit a 15x7 rim" get a look.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I've done abit of searching but havent found the answer, i know a 33 12.5x15 tyre shouldnt go on a 15x7 rim on a vehicle but would it be fine for a box trailer?

:toothmis:

Who said they shouldn't go on a 7in rim? I run 35's on 7in. rims and they work great. The extra preasure on the bead allows you to run low tyre pressures and not have the worry of dirt entering the bead and causing a leak. Some comp guys are doing this instead of using bead locks.

·
Registered
nissan
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i asked the tyre guy if i can fit a 33 he said yeah but im unsure if he meant a 10.5 intead of the 12.5

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
It makes the sidewalls bulge out heaps and more susceptible to getting side staked. Makes the tread crown too. I guess the manufacturers have been wrong all these years about the best rim sizes for their tyres.

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
1,804 Posts
The tyre manfacture state in the tyre specs what size rim it should fit. In NZ if you had an accident on a set of tyres fitted to rims the manfacture do not recommend, you will not get a payout. I would expect to find similar here in Oz. A 33" tyre will be matched to an 8-10" rim size. Saying that, I put my 35" silverstones on 7" rims to stop the beads popping when aired right down. Beadlocks woulod have required another ncertification process in NZ.
Al

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
People keep saying things like 'you need 10in rims for 35's'.

Thats wrong, its the width that determines the required rim width, not the height. You wouldnt run 33x15.5's on 7 or 8in rims.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts