Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm new to the forums so here is a bit of background. I am a former LC 80 series driver. My 80 had a 3" lift, 35" Maxxis Buckshots, a full custom zorst and saas seats. Now i thought at the time 4x4ing didn't get much better. I used and abused the cruiser to with in inches of its capabilities and generally gave it hell.

How ever after a few months of moving from Ivanhoe, NSW back to regional Vic i came to realise that a 3.2ton brick was to heavy on fuel so it was swapped for a 2002 XR8 that come up on ebay. I've toyed with the idea of gettin another 4by and until recently wasn't sure what. How ever after collecting a wallaby with the XR8, i am now getting another 4by regardless.

I test drove a 2000 GU ST not to far from me, and i'm sold, the patrol is so much more refined interior wise and looks much nicer than its LC 100 counter part.

Now mainly the patrol is a ZD30, auto (prefferred myself) it has done 360,000km. There is a hairline crack in the front inner guard on the LH side. Now i have read all about the grenades among GU's and other things. The car is from NT and appears that it's had a hard life, but i've thouroughly checked the chassis for cracks and such but found nothing. It could do with a general tidy up, but does have a 2" lift and factory winch bar.

I can pick this GU up for around the $10,000 mark with rwc and rego. I'm not fussed about condition as it will be driven hard by me, and will soon be modified accordingly, but is this worth it or should i perhaps consider a lower km, or petrol/auto patrol?

Cheers Doug

·
Registered
173 Posts
just be prepared for the enige to go pop at anytime the serries 1 and 2 had more then there fair share of issues regarding the engine, and with that amount of k's on it, i would think it may be getting towards the end of its life, but all in all you just can't beat a patrol.

you can put a few mods on t to try and stop it from going pop, dawes valve, blocking the egr boost and pyro gauges and just give it regular services and you should be fine

i bought a serries 3 model zd30 and have never looked back great car on the road and unstopable off road.

good luck

luke

1 - 3 of 3 Posts