Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
The Act of Faith
nissan patrol
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i might be moving into an office environment and i was wondering if it was worth me getting an i Pad. I have already played with a few and they seem good for the style of work i might be doing (Estimator with a domestic house slab company)

your thoughts??

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
I have no idea of how good they are
Probly should speak to luke
About it
Dare i
Say you would get

A biased opinion about it, do you
Really think they are up to the task of
Extensive processing apps, and is it

Going to be
Able to connect to a printer and print stuff that a customer wanted
Yesterday

:p

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
I am definitely getting one. I'm just waiting for the ipad2 to be released, shouldn't be far off

·
Registered
nissan
29 Posts
I hate typing on them for any more than about a sentence - for that reason I wouldnt get one.

Pick up a laptop for less thats better specced and has more options.

Just my opinion.

I guess it depends entirely on what you will be doing on it...

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
Why do you want one if your moving into an office environment?

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
just my opninion...

id go for a 10" tablet laptop, over a ipad anyday!
get one with build in stylis.. that way you can use it as pen a paper :D

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
We have a computer , laptop and ipad here aswell as 3 iphones and I prefer to use the laptop or the computer , if i had to buy a ipad i wouldn't buy one , just my opinion

·
Registered
Nissan
1,442 Posts
Get it dude,Ive been using it since about a week after they came out and it hardly leaves my side! I use it for so much fun and productive work. Plus if you rmoving into an office envionment you can play angry birds if your bored :)

·
Registered
Nissan
1,442 Posts
sooooo are the gogle androids and other brands of tablet any good too?
If you wernt to get a iPad i would definitely look at Motion Computing very good tablet PC's my mate uses one in his Prado for maping......But he now uses an iPad for all plus more

But you have to love this...My setup

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
Depends what your using it for. I wont get another laptop again, but will go for a Mac PC and probably the Ipad. Laptops are too bulky and heavy and when moving around all the time and just a general pain in the ass. We are using ipads on the wards now and they are magic.

·
The Act of Faith
nissan patrol
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The iPad 3g $750 with Nextg sim that comes for $150 12Gig and 12 month expiry would be good for you. iPad is instant on and responsive, if you dont end up using for work it would be great for in your car and out bush.

Pretty cheap for what you get.
Telstra EH?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
3,907 Posts
Telstra EH?
For mobile voice and Internet Telstra at this stage is only company that supplies good service. The no contract $150 12Gig 12mth is pretty good and is a Telstra special for iPad as normally the expiry is 30 days.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Depends entirely what you want to use it for.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts