Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been hot here in northern vic for the last few weeks, + more 40 ish on the way.
Have noticed my air conditioner in 2004 st patrol (110,000k ) seems to have a 'go slow' when i have outside air button on.
To clarify, if i have air from outside come in, the fan speed seems to drop back significantly, like a quarter speed. This is when ' Air Conditioner' is ON mode.

Press button to block off outside air,so it is rotating only in car, fan goes back to normal ?

Maybe the button is working in reverse.
Button 'out' is air from outside coming in, i take it.
Air con is cool and it is 38-43 deg when i take our kelpie down to the lake for a swim,
me with couple o' coldies.

Maybe the heat is making air con seem not that cold.
Cutting to the chase, has any other zd30 owners notice the 'thing' with air con on, then fan speed differ when opening or closing outside button ( bottom left of dash )
cheers.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,204 Posts
It's been hot here in northern vic for the last few weeks, + more 40 ish on the way.
Have noticed my air conditioner in 2004 st patrol (110,000k ) seems to have a 'go slow' when i have outside air button on.
To clarify, if i have air from outside come in, the fan speed seems to drop back significantly, like a quarter speed. This is when ' Air Conditioner' is ON mode.

Press button to block off outside air,so it is rotating only in car, fan goes back to normal ?

Maybe the button is working in reverse.
Button 'out' is air from outside coming in, i take it.
Air con is cool and it is 38-43 deg when i take our kelpie down to the lake for a swim,
me with couple o' coldies.

Maybe the heat is making air con seem not that cold.
Cutting to the chase, has any other zd30 owners notice the 'thing' with air con on, then fan speed differ when opening or closing outside button ( bottom left of dash )
cheers.
No have not noticed that. I often use recirc button when I'm on dusty roads to keep cabin pressure up and eliminate dust ingestion. Your dash layout is different to my old 2000 girl.

·
Registered
nissan
1,516 Posts
thats by design. Every car isthe same including mine

Press the button in it blocks outside air so fan goes harder.
Depress it. It goes a tad slower because air is coming in.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats by design. Every car isthe same including mine

Press the button in it blocks outside air so fan goes harder.
Depress it. It goes a tad slower because air is coming in.

Thanks

Yeah, but my 4th speed fan drops back like its #one or two.
You can hardly feel any breeze on #one ( when button in out position )
First vehicle i've ever noticed this on.
Oh, well, i'll get over it. Thought it maybe air compressor or something on way out.
I will take it to air co bloke ( 1 hr away ), see what he says.
Will follow up on here.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No have not noticed that. I often use recirc button when I'm on dusty roads to keep cabin pressure up and eliminate dust ingestion. Your dash layout is different to my old 2000 girl.

Yep,i do the same.
In the past when at fires in toyota landcruiser utes, we had vents closed. ( kept smoke out of the cabins with air cons on )
No smoke got through filters.

·
Registered
nissan
2,096 Posts
If you have a blockage in the plenum chamber (possible caused by leaves or even a plastic bag) This can make the interior fan appear to be running slower.

Remove the interior fan and with the switch on fresh air, look up through the hole and see if you can see any blockages.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

Yeah, but my 4th speed fan drops back like its #one or two.
You can hardly feel any breeze on #one ( when button in out position )
First vehicle i've ever noticed this on.
Oh, well, i'll get over it. Thought it maybe air compressor or something on way out.
I will take it to air co bloke ( 1 hr away ), see what he says.
Will follow up on here.
Not been back on here for a while. Just a bump up to say got air con re gassed and its now fine,cools a lot better this summer.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,204 Posts
Not been back on here for a while. Just a bump up to say got air con re gassed and its now fine,cools a lot better this summer.
Thanks for feedback, we don't always get it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts