Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tires are almost done so need to look at buying new ones. I know what I want - 285/75R16 BFG KO2’s. For 5 new tires I’m looking at close to $1700 so just looking for tips how to squeeze any more value out like buying at a specific time or choosing a specific retailer / online chain. My local Bob Jane T-Mart are selling them for $329 each fitted.
I’m also not adverse to 2nd hand tires but not convinced of their value and perceived risks as unknown history.
Thanks for any tips.

·
Premium Member
Patrol Hybrid.
11,928 Posts
Tyreright often have online specials, cheaper than over the counter. Buy three get four is usually a con job.
The right time to buy is when you need them. How much is a life worth, yours or someone else.

·
Registered
nissan gq
1,482 Posts
My tires are almost done so need to look at buying new ones. I know what I want - 285/75R16 BFG KO2’s. For 5 new tires I’m looking at close to $1700 so just looking for tips how to squeeze any more value out like buying at a specific time or choosing a specific retailer / online chain. My local Bob Jane T-Mart are selling them for $329 each fitted.
I’m also not adverse to 2nd hand tires but not convinced of their value and perceived risks as unknown history.
Thanks for any tips.
I have used tyresales.com for good deals,with delivery,and they offer optional fitting arrangements,the other online seller's freight/fright is much more.

Cheers,G.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
1,616 Posts
@SteveInAus not sure where you're located, but I searched and compared for a long time looking for BFG KM2's in the same size (285/75R16) and couldn't find anyone who could beat Huntsman Products in Carrum Downs. I see they do have KO2's as well.

They import them themselves from the US, so they're not Chinese made and you don't pay the premium the mainstream retailers have to charge to cover the costs of the "official" distributors.

I fitted and balanced my own wheels because I had access to the equipment, but from memory I think they'll fit and balance for $20 a wheel.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies. Good news is Bob Jane T-Mart is quoting cheaper than Huntsman, tyresales and tyroola when including fitting. I’m actually surprised but feel better about spending my money with a local franchise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts