Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw one advertised today at a dealer a long way away but was just wondering did Nissan ever make any factory NISSAN PATROL GQ II RX with a 4.2 litre engine and turbo diesel released in australia?

I had a look at it today on my way back from work when the place was closed and on the back left of the car it had a label RX TURBO DIESEL. I am 90% sure that only 2.8's have this on the GQ so could someone point me in the right direction here? I am guessing it is missadvertised and I don't trust any dealers word :roll:

·
Autos are Superior
11,601 Posts
I saw one advertised today at a dealer a long way away but was just wondering did Nissan ever make any factory NISSAN PATROL GQ II RX with a 4.2 litre engine and turbo diesel released in australia?

I had a look at it today on my way back from work when the place was closed and on the back left of the car it had a label RX TURBO DIESEL. I am 90% sure that only 2.8's have this on the GQ so could someone point me in the right direction here? I am guessing it is missadvertised and I don't trust any dealers word :roll:
I feel you maybe right. Try Redbook - they have a listing of all engines/combo's :)
He has probably seen a 6 cyl with turbo and eyes lit up.. now hes stuck with it!

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,620 Posts
Only 2.8 turbo diesel factory in the GQ in aussie
Maybe the safari as above,but werent they non aussie,imported later on

She could be a good truck !!!
Probably an elderly one owner low Ks,well looked after car yard special
Oh hang on all car yards have them types

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,736 Posts
GQ Patrols in td42 were non factory turbo.
GQ Safari's in td42 did come with factory turbo option in both manual and automatic from around 1993/95 onwards.

·
Registered
nissan
640 Posts
some dealers offered a turbo option for the automatic in the diesels as they were sluggish and were getting out done by the then 80series cruisers,,,

they were still aussie built patrols and not a safari

·
Registered
Nissan Y60td42
53 Posts
i have a 95 factory turbo td42t automatic safari now and a 1999 factory turbo td42t y61 auto which was sold few years ago...

·
Autos are Superior
11,601 Posts
Jacket_1985 said:
I thought the manual GQ td42 came in na form, while the automatic GQ td42 (very rare) came with a turbo from factory
Auto GQ didnt have turbo.

There were reports of "Factory" turbo GQ's but talking with a mate who worked at ARB at the time they were aftermarket fitted by dealers for owners asking for turbos to be fitted.

I still say your mate has a 2.8

What is the engine number, that should give it away.

·
Registered
nissan
27 Posts
I know exactly which dealer and car you are on about.The price for this actual car is a total rip off,knowin he ( the dealer) bought it under my nose for already good coin.
But as far as i know the only gq 4.2 turbo was the safari, the dealer just bought the how as is.I dare say it has had a turbo kit put on but not mod plated for it along time ago.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i have an aussie 91 gq manual td42.

when checking on history of car, the original purchaser ordered a turbo from new.

the vehicle had a 'dealer fitted' safari turbo - luxon.

the decals were dealer fitted from 'new'.

the original owners name was 'mr pluckett'

info via auto repairers sticker on back window.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.