Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've seen separate pages but no dedicated thread in here to see what RWKW and nM people are making from their 3L CRD.

I'm interested to see what people have made out of them with what mods? I saw a a thread here where it made 160rwkw but lasted less than a tank of fuel...

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,062 Posts
Mate there have been a few threads, nothing specific for the CRD, but the one below was the dedicated dyno thread that whitie did conversions on. The problem is dyno numbers are so subjective, what you get from yours on this dyno you may get more or less on another, and someone else's will be different again. I get mine dynoed at the same place about once a year that way I'm comparing apples to apples.

This was the thread I referred to: http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-patrol-gu-gr-10/dyno-results-6368/

160rwkw, I'd like to see that, 160rwhp would be more like it if you wanted to be able to drive it.

·
Registered
nissan
36 Posts
CHUUBZ,

I have 115RWKW and about 460NM at the wheels. Thats a stock patrol with an ECU remap by Diesel Power Unlimited and a 2.75 beaudesert exhaust. I would recommend a 3 inch exhaust if you are going to do it.

·
Registered
nissan
643 Posts
107KW 450nM at the wheels on 33s, auto box
Diesel power unlimited ECU remap
3" exhaust
HPD cooler
Dawes valve
It is awesome to drive now, it spins the 33s from takeoff on dry road.
The chip I used to have wasn't even close.

Had it tuned a few months ago, It has had probably 10 tanks of fuel through it and no dramas.

·
Registered
nissan
643 Posts
Before and after dyno run.
I get anywhere from 12 - 15 LPH depending on the type of driving and load, that's not trying to be as fuel efficient as possible.
I also got full roof rack, lift, barwork, bigger tyres.... Plus all the usual stuff that stuff economy. So all in all I think it's prett good.
They increase the rail pressure slightly so more fuel can be burnt faster if driven accordingly, but less throttle is needed to maintain momentum.
In my case, now I have more power I like to use it... Fuel economy is about the same but with a crapload more power
Before the tune I think I had something like 76kw and 300nm

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
These are impressive results from an ECU remap. I'd like to see some dyno graphs with AFR charts if they exist.

And a stock CRD will hit near 700 deg EGT so it would be interesting to see what kind of EGTs these things are pushing out.

·
Registered
nissan
643 Posts
Egts are really good, but I do have the upgraded intercooler and underslung fan. In general Temps are now lower than pre ECU remap, cooler and fan.
Before I never saw below 300 while driving, now I will
Before egts were around 420 - 480 highway driving at 100 of fairly flat section of highway, now its 360 - 440
BUT
If I feed it up a big hill EGTs will climb to nearly 700, but that is accelerating flat stick at 120 and still gaining speed up a hill that it used to struggle to maintain 100 ( used to slow down to 90 to stop temps rising) there was not way it would ever even come close to driving up this hill like that before and if I did egt temps rose anyway.
I have my EGT gauge set to alarm at 590 so just back off a touch when it goes off and it drops straight back down to about 550 while maintaining speed up the hill.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,294 Posts
This isn't a safe tune either. LOL We took AFRs but the probe was **** and couldn't cope with diesel

TOP = Boost, BOTTOM = kW

·
Registered
82 Posts
Guy's 16:1 is not excessive and rich as stock these roll in at varying figures between 16-19:1.
Navara's stock are running into the 15:1 stoich range. Egts are around 360-380 @100 km/ph run cooler than chips and are getting up to 15% fuel savings.

Remember like anything there are different tune stages and stage 1 won't see any changes in afr from stock, obviously running stage 2 we are seeing 1:1 change in afr but is to be expected with any level of higher tune. Though the pyro and fuel use is down on both.

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
3,955 Posts
If its not excessive, why arent factory cars running them? I could post up probably 200+ dyno runs of stock tunes being at 18+:1 (maybe your should review your tuning test equipment if you measure it differently)
Poor fellas will be towing their vans around covered in soot all the time.

You should stop filling these threads with this garbage about Stoich on diesel engines go and do some learning if you are going to post, it will prevent people being tricked into believing something that is completely untrue.

And Saying Navara's run 15:1!
Navara's run 15:1 for half a second on spool up, then lean out well past 18:1 when on boost..

These dodgy reflash tunes are deep into the 16's on boost! They should be pushing upwards of 135-140kw with this much fuel if the tune is good.

To give you a little schooling. 15:1 AFR at 1-2psi of boost isnt all that much fuel.
16:1 @ 20psi of boost IS BUCKET LOADS OF FUEL.
If you cant figure out why that is, let me know and I will explain it to you.

If a safe tune cant be had around the 18-19:1 Mark, then its not worth melting an engine in the quest for more power unless the customer understand this and is after this result.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.