Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thinking about if my zd30 ever goes bang now that the new navara has a v6 deisel is there any other v6 deisel options for us to put in our patrol for those who don't need a v8. tried a search but found nothing

cheers

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
probably, but if your goin to that much effort, enginering, fabbing mounts/wiring and cost, you may as well go the whole way. or just another grenade.

·
Registered
nissan
68 Posts
Holdens making a v6 diesel for commodore, they may fit.
I think we're all hoping the V6 Diesel in the new commy will be the fabled 4.5l Duramax...(EDIT...thats a V8 too, ignore me I've been staring at a computer too long) Would make sense considering the development was so far advanced before the GFC made GM poo themselves. News headlines today say GM back to trading on the Stock exchange and posting a healthy profit now they have had a lot of the demons exorcised from the company balance sheet... and No...I thought they should have been left to fail rather than propped up by the dodgy policies of governments printing money.

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
News headlines today say GM back to trading on the Stock exchange and posting a healthy profit now they have had a lot of the demons exorcised from the company balance sheet... and No...I thought they should have been left to fail rather than propped up by the dodgy policies of governments printing money.
I don't think they should have propped up either, thought it was a free market!

As for their healthy profit they would have had no profit if it wasn't for the cash for clunkers scheme/scam. That goes for Ford and Chrysler too.

Ages ago Roachie posted up the destruction of a 6.5 Chev V8 as part of the cash for clunkers scheme/scam. Turns out that destroying the engines of cars makes them worthless especially with current scrap metal prices. Net result is that the US is littered with destroyed cars that no body wants.

Apologies for thread Hijack.

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
But thats a 6.5 Chev, I notice 5.9 Cummins are being kept ;)
I think they use a special/different bottle of engine seize for the Cummins so it "looks" like its been seized but really its all ok ;)

Cheers

Justin

PS: Don't tell Roachie!

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Hehehe, you could fill a Cummins' sump with golden syrup and she'd still be good for 500k miles hauling 20k lb's ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts