Nissan
2,121 Posts
Wih an 8 inch lift and 35s.......?????

As John McEnroe would have said:

You cannot be serious!!!!!!!!:idiot:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sorry but i think Ex-Digger pretty well covered it.
If you could, the population in WA would increase at an alarming rate!!!!!!

Pep

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
This I gotta see

:worthles:

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
why an 8inch lift? 6 is enough to clear 39x14.5 boggers's any bigger its not gonna fit in your arches.

and for only 35's? 35's are a road tyre size. iv got big 35's on mine with a 2inch lift. its good for the road.

pray-tell. . . . what is your reasoning behind an 8inch lift?

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,803 Posts
You need to talk to Dan at Endracon, he seems to be one of the best engineers in Perth going by people I have talked to, and Brunswick use him for unusual certs on some of their mods. However, the first thing he is going to tell you is 'LOSE THE 8in LIFT'. He is in the Northern Burbs, I don’t have his number on me, but it is in the phone book.

·
nissan patrol
15,803 Posts
On the hi lift issue, I was following an F250 down the Forrest hwy last time home, and I kid you not I could see the road ahead under this vehicle, was thinking it must be one of three things, he had just been to Perth to get it done, the cops in the south west are blind, or his daddy is the chief constable for the region. Just could not believe he was still on the road.

·
Registered
nissan
1,571 Posts
I watched the dvd with teh latest 4WD action last night, bloke with a 80 series cruiser running 7" Springs and 1" spacers on teh rear. Said it was his daily driver, I just laighed as he also had a 80L waceo on top of drawers, the top of teh fridge was 2ft past his head. 35" Spare on the roof LOL. I just dont get it :)

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
which one?

·
Registered
nissan
357 Posts
As a mechanical engineer, with nothing more than some well guessed figures a simple free body diagram in front of me I doodled away until I saw total instability at about 36 degrees in the transverse plane.

Cant blame the bloke for fitting them coz they sell stupid crap like this. No engineer in the world would engineer it for the road.

·
nissan patrol
15,803 Posts
As a mechanical engineer, with nothing more than some well guessed figures a simple free body diagram in front of me I doodled away until I saw total instability at about 36 degrees in the transverse plane.

Cant blame the bloke for fitting them coz they sell stupid crap like this. No engineer in the world would engineer it for the road.
As someone who regularly travels and works in the US I see a lot of strange crap in the southern states where the majority of oil work is. These guys spend a fortune on their rigs, and then live in a 25ft x 8ft mobile home in a trailer park. Somewhere, sometime, their priorities got turned arse about.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
it says what ??...an 8" lift getting engineered....................tell him he's dreaming

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
Even if its engineered, you then have to make it legal. Not going to happen.

Engineering certificates and a legal car dont go hand in hand and are more often than not, totally independent of each other.

·
Registered
nissan
642 Posts
i wanna see it at the swerve test....

·
Registered
nissan
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks fellas for your opinions,oviously no luck for me but il keep trying

·
Registered
nissan
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
why an 8inch lift? 6 is enough to clear 39x14.5 boggers's any bigger its not gonna fit in your arches.

and for only 35's? 35's are a road tyre size. iv got big 35's on mine with a 2inch lift. its good for the road.

pray-tell. . . . what is your reasoning behind an 8inch lift?
i got the 8 inch lift cause im young n dum lol work on the mines and i can by wot eva i want ive had the 2inch 4inch and now the 8inch just cause i can im always keen to make my rig better

1 - 20 of 86 Posts