Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rather cheesed off at Rugby Australia, I might not agree with what Folau said but considering his statement was based on passages from the Bible, came from his heart and what he strongly believes, I reckon they got it wrong and are now fully paid up members of the politically correct brigade.

If he had pointed his comments at a person I would fully agree, but he didn't. Considering that 40% of of the Wallabies group is made up of Pacific Islanders (and 20% of the professional players around the world) and they have strong religious convictions, this has ramifications for many of them and indeed Rugby itself. They are a significant playing group that the game can ill afford to lose.

I must say I admire him for the courage of his convictions and having the guts to say he would not appeal as he did not believe that Rugby Australia would treat him fairly in an appeal and I agree with him.

Obviously to him, money isn't everything, onya mate I'm proud to say as a fellow Australian you are one of the best RU players on earth..

·
Registered
nissan
531 Posts
I am sure that we all fall in to more than one of the categories listed in his post. :p Why is there no outrage on behalf of the fornicators!!!
It is only because the minority have a whinge that it gains any notoriety.
If they just ignored it, it would be long forgotten by now.
Rugby Australia have backed themselves into a corner with a very deep hole in front of them over this and now any similar events
I am sure the gay community is not really impacted by the comments but the PC brigade blow it up into something else

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,898 Posts
And this wornout old hasbeen (who wasn’t as good as he thought he was) should pull his head in.

Attachments

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,223 Posts
He also included himself in the statement. 😉 These precious retards are really giving me the chits! 😡

Foo

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

·
Registered
524 Posts
Couldn't agree more. It was his personal opinion, not said in the name of RA, and as the others have said, it is his belief. I was severely disappointed it went this far.

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,270 Posts
Without getting into what he specifically said, I've had enough of people who believe in fairy tales, being able to use their particular fairy tale (religion) as an excuse to behave in a manner those who don't have the cover of a belief in a fairy tale, can't.

The World created in 7 days.
The first man was created first and the first woman was made from the man's rib.
It rained for 40 days and nights and the multitudinous species of the Earth were herded onto a wooden boat. Etc etc etc.
Ffs.
If you believe that **** anything you say should be disregarded in the public sphere as you are clearly deluded.

·
Registered
Nissan 2006 4.2l ST-S
142 Posts
Mate like the World view

Once upon a time there was nothing and from nothing came something (express that mathematically and all you get is zero).

If you are walking along a beach and see your name written in the sand,is it more reasonable to believe that that was written by the waves over billions of years or by an intelligent mind. How much more complex is the human body, which apparently created itself from nothing over billions of years by chance from nothing? I don't think so, the world view appears to be as much of a fairytale. Order and design doesn't come from chaos.

Without getting into what he specifically said, I've had enough of people who believe in fairy tales, being able to use their particular fairy tale (religion) as an excuse to behave in a manner those who don't have the cover of a belief in a fairy tale, can't.

The World created in 7 days.
The first man was created first and the first woman was made from the man's rib.
It rained for 40 days and nights and the multitudinous species of the Earth were herded onto a wooden boat. Etc etc etc.
Ffs.
If you believe that **** anything you say should be disregarded in the public sphere as you are clearly deluded.

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,270 Posts
Mate like the World view

Once upon a time there was nothing and from nothing came something (express that mathematically and all you get is zero).

If you are walking along a beach and see your name written in the sand,is it more reasonable to believe that that was written by the waves over billions of years or by an intelligent mind. How much more complex is the human body, which apparently created itself from nothing over billions of years by chance from nothing? I don't think so, the world view appears to be as much of a fairytale. Order and design doesn't come from chaos.
No science can't explain everything yet.
It does a shltload better than any religion I have come across. At least it is evidence based.
Evolution has far more supporting evidence than creationism.
The tooth fairy is as plausible as creationism ;)

In any case, my view is that a belief system that contains so many demonstrably incorrect facets shouldn't be accorded any special privileges in the current day and age. Especially given the appalling acts that have taken place in the name of several religions.

·
Registered
Nissan 2006 4.2l ST-S
142 Posts
Not to say the heinous acts and mass extermination conducted by non religious figures such as Hitler, Mao and Stalin.

Not sure evolution, which is still a hypothesis, nothing of it can be verified in repeatable experiments in a laboratory or has been physically observed on a macro basis (one species changing to another). Should watch Prof Richard Dawkins debating Dr John Lennox (Oxford Mathetician) on evolution or Ravai Zaccharias. There is a lot of evidence external to the Bible attesting to the existence of Jesus, from historians such as Tacitus and Josephus. Most academic historians will acknowledge his existence as an historical figure, it's' not what the fake media will have us all believe (Labor was going to win the election!)

To me evolution is implausible, if I dropped bricks, mortar and tiles from the sky, the wind and the element would not create a building in a billion years. Chaos and chance do not beget order and design.

Anyway each to their own, it's not as open and shut.

No science can't explain everything yet.
It does a shltload better than any religion I have come across. At least it is evidence based.
Evolution has far more supporting evidence than creationism.
The tooth fairy is as plausible as creationism ;)

In any case, my view is that a belief system that contains so many demonstrably incorrect facets shouldn't be accorded any special privileges in the current day and age. Especially given the appalling acts that have taken place in the name of several religions.

·
Registered
nissan
2,174 Posts
Personal I think he is just another dip ship that thinks because he can catch a ball and run with it, he is beyond honour. As far as I am concerned he chose to accept the contract with RA. He should of honoured that contract.

For me if he had not accepted the contract and them publicly spoken out about it. I would of been on his side.

No-one is above a game. Maybe a local touch footy side will happily pick him…

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,270 Posts
Not to say the heinous acts and mass extermination conducted by non religious figures such as Hitler, Mao and Stalin.
The terrible actions of others doesn't excuse the heinous acts that have taken place as a result of religion or by those associated with religion

Not sure evolution, which is still a hypothesis, nothing of it can be verified in repeatable experiments in a laboratory or has been physically observed on a macro basis (one species changing to another). Should watch Prof Richard Dawkins debating Dr John Lennox (Oxford Mathetician) on evolution or Ravai Zaccharias.
Evolution by natural selection is one of the best substantiated theories in the history of science, supported by evidence from a wide variety of scientific disciplines, including paleontology, geology, genetics and developmental biology.
https://www.livescience.com/474-controversy-evolution-works.html

There is a lot of evidence external to the Bible attesting to the existence of Jesus, from historians such as Tacitus and Josephus. Most academic historians will acknowledge his existence as an historical figure
I am not arguing he didn't exist. Show me the evidence he turned water into wine or was reincarnated.

To me evolution is implausible, if I dropped bricks, mortar and tiles from the sky, the wind and the element would not create a building in a billion years. Chaos and chance do not beget order and design.
Which is an analogy that indicates a flawed understanding of the way evolution works. The bricks and mortar come a fair way down the process that began with single-celled organisms.

Anyway each to their own
Exactly and that means not using religion as a cover or excuse to discriminate.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The terrible actions of others doesn't excuse the heinous acts that have taken place as a result of religion or by those associated with religion

Evolution by natural selection is one of the best substantiated theories in the history of science, supported by evidence from a wide variety of scientific disciplines, including paleontology, geology, genetics and developmental biology.
https://www.livescience.com/474-controversy-evolution-works.html

I am not arguing he didn't exist. Show me the evidence he turned water into wine or was reincarnated.

Which is an analogy that indicates a flawed understanding of the way evolution works. The bricks and mortar come a fair way down the process that began with single-celled organisms.

Exactly and that means not using religion as a cover or excuse to discriminate.
My thread is not about whether religions are right or wrong, it is about Isreal Folau's rite to believe in something and be able to express an opinion he holds to his followers on his Fakebook page. It matters not whether 'religions' are right or wrong. You have the rite to be a non believer, others have the rite to be believers, others like me have the rite to sit in the middle and believe in a higher power.

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,270 Posts
My thread is not about whether religions are right or wrong, it is about Isreal Folau's rite to believe in something and be able to express an opinion he holds to his followers on his Fakebook page. It matters not whether 'religions' are right or wrong. You have the rite to be a non believer, others have the rite to be believers, others like me have the rite to sit in the middle and believe in a higher power.
Religion is implicit in the thread. Belief in it is given as the basis for the entire shltstorm.
I am tired of religion being used to excuse bigotry.
Would it be okay if a Muslim player exhorted all non-muslims will go to Hell?
I think they can all flock off with their superstitious vitriol.
Anyway it is your thread, carry on. I've said my piece and unless my points are addressed I'll shutup.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Religion is implicit in the thread. Belief in it is given as the basis for the entire shltstorm.
I am tired of religion being used to excuse bigotry.
Would it be okay if a Muslim player exhorted all non-muslims will go to Hell?
I think they can all flock off with their superstitious vitriol.
Anyway it is your thread, Carry on. I've said my piece and unless my points are addressed I'll shutup.
Yes religion has played a part but it is not the subject. To answer your question, that is what the muslim religion states, if someone wants to put that on their fakebook page to their followers then that is fair game.

You may have missed the part where I said I didn't agree with what he said, but to me he has th rite to say it to his fellow believers who follow his page. He didn't come out and say that about a particular person, and If there is a hell I certainly hope the theives he mentioned in the speil also go there :).

Do you actually know what he said?

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,270 Posts
Yes religion has played a part but it is not the subject. To answer your question, that is what the muslim religion states, if someone wants to put that on their fakebook page to their followers then that is fair game.

You may have missed the part where I said I didn't agree with what he said, but to me he has th rite to say it to his fellow believers who follow his page. He didn't come out and say that about a particular person, and If there is a hell I certainly hope the theives he mentioned in the speil also go there :).

Do you actually know what he said?
Yes I do, but I don't give a [email protected] what he said.
What irks me is that belief in a fairy tale apparently excuses bigotry.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes I do, but I don't give a [email protected] what he said.
What irks me is that belief in a fairy tale apparently excuses bigotry.
Sorry, but you should give a crap about what he said because that is what this friggin thread is about.... I don't see what he said as bigotry anyway, simply a belief of faith. When you travel the world it broadens your outlook on how the world works.

Tell you what, I would trust him implicitly, he has a high moral standard, unlike many of his 'rugby league' counterparts.

·
Registered
nissan
4,802 Posts
He signed a $4 million contract to abide by rugby Australia’s code of conduct and his behaviour was determined by an independent panel to be a serious breach of that contract.

The fact that he believes homosexuality is a sin, as if it’s some kind of lifestyle choice, shows how ignorant he is.
If drunkards and adulterers are all going to hell then there’ll be plenty of room in heaven for the remaining minority..

Evolution isn’t plausible? What about immaculate conception?

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,270 Posts
Sorry, but you should give a crap about what he said because that is what this friggin thread is about.... I don't see what he said as bigotry anyway, simply a belief of faith. When you travel the world it broadens your outlook on how the world works.

Tell you what, I would trust him implicitly, he has a high moral standard, unlike many of his 'rugby league' counterparts.
I don't give a [email protected] because I am arguing that I don't see religion as a valid excuse to express bigotry. What he said is not the point I am arguing, I am arguing that religion doesn't excuse it.
If you are going to make pronouncements you should be able to argue the merits of them.
Religion is a belief system that is not grounded in fact. It is not arguable from an evidentiary perspective.
It shlts me that people can hide behind what is by definition a superstition.

The irony is that you could argue that is bigotry.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't give a [email protected] because I am arguing that I don't see religion as a valid excuse to express bigotry. What he said is not the point I am arguing, I am arguing that religion doesn't excuse it.
If you are going to make pronouncements you should be able to argue the merits of them.
Religion is a belief system that is not grounded in fact. It is not arguable from an evidentiary perspective.
It shlts me that people can hide behind what is by definition a superstition.

The irony is that you could argue that is bigotry.
Well lets make it simple, you believe what you think is the way forward and I'll believe in my path.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts