Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

121 - 140 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Been a while since an update. Mainly because not much has progressed. Just lots of half finished annoying jobs.
The body mounts are all fitted which gave me a good 10mm clearance under the bonnet.
I have stripped all the heater box, evap, fan and all ducting and given it all a good scrub. Thr evap got a good spraying out with some coil cleaner.
Going to look into putting in a cabin filter in the system somewhere. Even a couple of layers of air con filter stuff. Something has to be better than nothing.
I still havent finished planing out all the wiring. The loom is all stripped and been adding and removing what i want and dont want.
Ordered a heap of crimp terminals so i can re pin a bunch of plugs and add new wires to the fuse box for the headlights.
My plans for the fuel system have completley changed a couple of times.
At this stage im going to use the standard rear tank with the rheostat for the fuel gauge from the dmax bolted to the unit that goes in the tank from the patrol. Going to add a lift pump up near the fuel filler and use a fuel filter assembly from a hilux.
I want to run some wires through the loom for a future second tank so it can be switched with a 6 port solenoid and have the factory gauge read the tank selected.
Made a start on the new intake elbow which will replace the throttle body. Then need to find a place to hide the throttle body so i can keep it plugged into the loom.
Also gave the interior panels a good clean out and a heavy dose of tectyl then refitted all the rear carpets and seats.

·
Registered
nissan
45 Posts
Notched the gbox xmember yesterday and got the last of the painting done today. All the brackets i made up and a couple like the radiator support and brackets to hold the dash. All painted with the same dulux durebild i did the engine bay with.
Clutch is installed and now engine and gearbox can go back in for good.
That looks absolutely great! It looks better than stock! :)

·
Registered
Nissan
1 Posts
C'mon Benny,
Surely you've got an update for us!
It's been over 3 months!! :eek:
You can't leave us blue for too much longer ;)

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Sorry mate not a whole lot has progressed. I wanted to finish the wiring first but thought it would be better to finish plumbing up the motor so it can be started before i tape up the loom for good.
This leaves me with lots of little ****ty jobs that take forever.
At the moment i only get half an hour here or there to get in the garage but trying to tackle the fuel system. Need to add in a fuel cooler in the return line and make some new hard lines to cross the body so they come up in the engine bay on the passanger side.
Ive made a start on the first section of exhaust. Its a bloody tight fit.
Just waiting on some fittings so i can finish the heater hoses.
Still a huge list of little jobs that seem never ending

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7,338 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
2,014 Posts
You may not end up being the first, but you have probably inspired some to copy you. I, for one, would probably end up with a 4JJ1 in my GQ if the TD42 ever fails, thanks to your inspiration

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
You may not end up being the first, but you have probably inspired some to copy you. I, for one, would probably end up with a 4JJ1 in my GQ if the TD42 ever fails, thanks to your inspiration
Hopefully I have inspired some people.
Once there is a stand alone ecu for common rail that is affordable and user friendly like the haltech is for the petrol guys it will open up a whole lot more options for people without having to retrofit the whole loom from a donor car.

As far as the conversion from reaper goes im pretty sure they have used am adapter and keeping the nissan box. Ill be interested to see what compromisies they come up with to fit the exhaust passed the oil filter and keep the engine from poking out the bonnet or hitting the diff.
This may be different if its goong into a gu.

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
You'll have to take it to Reaper when finished. I bought a RC Colorado and took it to them couple of weeks ago and they fitted up ECU=SHOP Combo 200whp and 540nm but clutch packed it in :) Good percentage gains for little outlay

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
You'll have to take it to Reaper when finished. I bought a RC Colorado and took it to them couple of weeks ago and they fitted up ECU=SHOP Combo 200whp and 540nm but clutch packed it in :) Good percentage gains for little outlay
I dont live in WA any more. Ive got G&L less than 2 hours away so will most likely be going there.
Still a fair way off being completed. Hoping there is more r&d done on these motors by the time i get to tuning.
The diesel drag scene is growing and there is a few wild 4j builds going on.
Im very keen to see how these turbos from eclipse perform especially if they can support 300hp

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Slowly moving forwards. I have a habit of starting too many jobs and not seeing them through so ive decided to pick the few i need to do just to get it started so i can move it out of the garage.
The couple of jobs left that im tackling at the moment are the first section of exhaust so i dont burn the firewall.
New steel hardlines for the fuel system from the drivers side chassis rail across to the passanger side so it come up in the engine bay in the right spot.
Intake plumbing
And the power steering hoses as the pump is driven off the engine so i cant just pull a belt. I had these already modified when i took it on its first test drive but have since put a different radiator which is in the way.

121 - 140 of 214 Posts