1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
soooooooo,

i've managed to compleat a front swivel kit re-build today,

while i was out i stopped into suspension stuff and bought a 2in lift kit with flexi coils as my old ones were sagged to crap and were rough as guts...

so after i finished the swivel hubs i proceeded to remove the old front shocks and springs. what a mission! so came time to put in the new LONGER flexi coils and shocks......

well i couldnt get enough droop in the arms to fit the new springs but with a ratchet strap and patience and gentle negotiation i managed to get them in and bolted up...

as for the rears, i havent even started them as i'm not sure if i'll be able to replace the old springs as in will i get enough droop to fit the longer ones in...

as for the new brake line..... i'm gunna pay someone to to that as i'm a loser with no friends to help me.

As for service with suspension stuff!
He was great and will be definalty getting more goodies off him.....

but i'm gunna pay someone to do it!!!!

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
I struggled with mine at first as I didn't disconnect the stabiliser bar ends and that was restricting the "drop". After that I didn't use the spring compressors.
Have to be careful thought that the brake lines aren't what's restricitng the drop of the diff.

·
Registered
nissan
1,730 Posts
As the others have said, you did the harder bit first, the rears easier :)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank fcuk for that!!

she's going in on wed for full exhaust system, the will change my brake lines for me then...

i've suckered in a mate to help me bleed the clutch slave cyl.....

FML now i have to get my camping stuff sorted for a week up fraser....

i'm off to get a new engel and lights tomorrow :p

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
You've got your work cut out!

Make a list - take as long as it takes to get it right - then check things off. You will forget stuff for sure unless you are methodical about it... double check all mechanical work (tight bolts, things assembled the right way etc.)

Why new brakelines? Not necessary for 2" lift.

You can do it!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've made a list and checking it twice.

The longer brake lines are for the flexi coils. They are alot bigger than the 2in ones I got in there!

Another big day tomorrow!!

·
Registered
nissan
11,162 Posts
Yeah rear springs do in real easy if not just undo one end of the sway bar. Buy I got 3.5 inch flexxy coils in with nothing more than 2 chassis stands and a trolley jack. No spring compressors or anything like that required

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
212 Posts
post some pics up once your done ive been looking into getting a 2" flexy kit be keen to see how they sit :)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well here is how it sits,

i'm 6' tall and the gutter rail is the same height

1 1/2 days, full swivel re-build + bearings, 2in flexi kit w/ extra long shocks installed.

all i have to do now is swap rear brake line to the front and replace the rear and put in a new clutch slave cyl. i'm just waiting for a mate to come around to help me, it's a little hard bleading clutch and brakes on your own.....

·
Registered
nissan
124 Posts
thats a tidy rig mate, nothing like working on it yourself and learning the hard way, there is alittle more satisfaction to it :) and your rears will be easier like everyone else said! a trick to do brake/clutch lines by yourself if rig up a small jar half full of fluid and run the line from your bleeder to it it and pump away until its filling up the jar, or you can get a one-man bleeder kit. ...Id rather work by myself than get my wife to help me :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts