Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyvody, hapoy New year to all, all the Best to the community,

I would like to ask where to get round front headlights and how, as you can see from the pictures which one I have now...
Ive found some fenders already, +10cm, and the car is already lifted for 60 mm.

And what exact model is this car? Y60?

The car is originaly from firefighters, so its in great shape and state, rust free, with 65k km only.

Ive Just begun Removing things from it and Will keep posting updates.

I will have more questions on this topic later.

Thank you for answers

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
471 Posts
That looks like the front end of an MK Leaf sprung Patrol. To install the GQ front headlights you will need the GQ grill and GQ headlight buckets as well. I had a SWB MK years ago with the factory sd33t and it was a nice car other than the leaf spring ride

Reactions: Alessandro

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That looks like the front end of an MK Leaf sprung Patrol. To install the GQ front headlights you will need the GQ grill and GQ headlight buckets as well. I had a SWB MK years ago with the factory sd33t and it was a nice car other than the leaf spring ride
Thank you for your reply,
I was searching on ebay and aliexpress for front headlights, front bumper or front mask But didnt find anything, I want this front headlights and mask, what should I write in Google?

But this car is a Nissan patrol y60 right od am I wrong?

Attachments

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,510 Posts
OK so I think its a 260 since the rear end pops up and down and not side to side... Dont have any pictures.

But I would like round front headlights, like the y60, is there any chance I can change that or no?
I'm no expert on MQ's / MK's, especially not the Spanish built ones that were never sold in Australia and seem to have some unique quirks, but the Wikipedia page says that late 260's had round headlamps similar to GQ's to bring the styling in line with GQ which was sold globally at that time.

If I were you, that's where I'd start.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm no expert on MQ's / MK's, especially not the Spanish built ones that were never sold in Australia and seem to have some unique quirks, but the Wikipedia page says that late 260's had round headlamps similar to GQ's to bring the styling in line with GQ which was sold globally at that time.

If I were you, that's where I'd start.
Thank you, I guess ill see what We have at the official Nissan shop in our town, and what are the actual options, thought and items are maybe here or somewhere cheap, im in the building of a oldtimer certifikate since its a 1990 at the moment.

·
Registered
nissan
471 Posts
Thank you for your reply,
I was searching on ebay and aliexpress for front headlights, front bumper or front mask But didnt find anything, I want this front headlights and mask, what should I write in Google?

But this car is a Nissan patrol y60 right od am I wrong?
Do you already have the GQ style guards or will you be using the original guards on the car. In the very early days when Nissan were transitioning to GQ from MK there was a cross over ute. Ute had the guards similar to the MK and was leaf sprung. but had the TD42 or TB42 and had a GQ style grill and round headlights. This is the part number for the grill 6231032J16 but non available on Partsouq.

If Patrols are not all that common I would look at upgrading the square lights with newer LED technology and dithing the grill and GQ lights. Even in Australia getting these parts would be very difficult as in the scheme of things there were very few of these cars made

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Do you already have the GQ style guards or will you be using the original guards on the car. In the very early days when Nissan were transitioning to GQ from MK there was a cross over ute. Ute had the guards similar to the MK and was leaf sprung. but had the TD42 or TB42 and had a GQ style grill and round headlights. This is the part number for the grill 6231032J16 but non available on Partsouq.

If Patrols are not all that common I would look at upgrading the square lights with newer LED technology and dithing the grill and GQ lights. Even in Australia getting these parts would be very difficult as in the scheme of things there were very few of these cars made
Ive talked with My mechanic and friend, he said I should keep the square lights as they are better and more rare... Maybe your advice is the Best to replace with a square led bulb... But I even go this Bullbar which I would replace with a different type as it doesnt look so good if u ask me...
Also if u Will watch carefully I have a red Iron bar under the headlights, I will want those Black and maybe change the Bullbar to something sexier and sell this one...
The car looks like a profesor with glasses, looks old, want to refresh him a bit but not change the old fashion beauty.

Just waiting for a sunny Day to see what comes out from those White stripes as its been long on and I hope the color isnt different as the other parts, or ill have to paint the whole car.
But have to admit, drove it today and the 4x4 all 4 tipes work perfectly, unstoppable car.

Bullbar like this one with straight lines

P. S. The car didnt Have any guard leafs!!! Im planning on buyying some 10+cm But at the moment and the way I bought it, it has none.

·
Registered
nissan
471 Posts
The GQ patrol bullbar will not work with the MK chassis. The chassis and Body are narrower and would require a fair amount of modification to make fit.

I had an MK SWB and loved the way it looked. Different is always something to admire

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The GQ patrol bullbar will not work with the MK chassis. The chassis and Body are narrower and would require a fair amount of modification to make fit.

I had an MK SWB and loved the way it looked. Different is always something to admire
I need to get some other bullbar somehow! That it fits!
MK is narrower as GQ? :(

Do u Have Any pictures from your car?? :) alwAys like to see New ideas

1 - 13 of 13 Posts