Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have twin LRA tanks here for a GU. Want to put them in the dual cab.
Got it stuck down back paddock to christen it During floods.

Attachments

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So..... at this point, I got to thinking about what I intend to do with it..... iv sold my 200, and I sold my gold GU wagon..... so this was my only 4wd.(spare parts GU doesn’t count) practical and reliable is the order of the day. standard config is best for simplicity and ease of repair.

me being jacket of course.....so.... I’m doing king coilovers in the front of a stretched GU dual cab..... engineered.

king 2.5 smoothies going in the rear, king 2.5x10 coilovers going in front.
rampt customs towers.
cruiser stops.
superior longarms.
PSR rear longarm.

annnnnd, probably going full air ride rear end.

Attachments

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Couple pics of towers, and engine bay currently.

goes into shop getting chassis and suspension work first week in June.

Attachments

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Decided to do a quick trip to Vic high country(from Brisbane) while it’s still pretty stock.

those with long memories might notice the Gold patrol is one of my old ones from like half a decade ago.... WAS still going strong although panels have received the love of a P plater. HAHA. Its awesome.

At 570,000km on clock The rear diff decided it was having a hiatus On the first track Heading east on fultons.

I haven’t checked thoroughly, but jezza might have posted about it already.

so we back tracked to Thompson dam to wait for towtruck. Yes we flat towed it out of fultons with my car and cruiser.

then after we threw contents of gold gu into other 2 cars, we camped first night at mt useful.

Attachments

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Ok, so forgot to mention we went over mt Selma second time round because of breakdown day 1.

from mt useful we went full length Burgoynes west to east, then turned left at mt Margaret track and headed out Tamboritha road.

Attachments

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
9,028 Posts

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Then headed along moroka road to mt Wellington.... I wanted to go out to the sentinel, but it was closed by parks this time. I haven’t been out there In years. Nobody else had been there at all. Seeing it for first time through their eyes was cool.

and that was my 2 days at Licola.

Attachments

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I thought they were about $1600 when first released. Maybe price has come down or he got them at a discount. Or I have forgotten! :LOL:
yeah they are normally.
I normally buy used to get good prices on stuff. Way I figure it, it’s all used the moment it’s bolted to car, not much point paying a premium when rest of car is still 20yo. 1yo or 2yo parts are a win in my book For half New price.

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,984 Posts
Yeah I agree, lots of bargains out there. LED lights are the current fad, so some good HID lights can be found. I have seen Narva HID's worth a motza taken off to put Kings LED's on!!!!!!!

Maybe offroad they can be considered better, but not on the road in my view. They are getting better with power consumption and penetration but HID is still the best option for road use in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
28,326 Posts
Yeah I agree, lots of bargains out there. LED lights are the current fad, so some good HID lights can be found. I have seen Narva HID's worth a motza taken off to put Kings LED's on!!!!!!!

Maybe offroad they can be considered better, but not on the road in my view. They are getting better with power consumption and penetration but HID is still the best option for road use in my opinion.
The LED's that I have on the truck, are better than the previous Lighforce 55w HID's that I had before. I think position has a lot to do with how the work also.

Foo

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,984 Posts
The LED's that I have on the truck, are better than the previous Lighforce 55w HID's that I had before. I think position has a lot to do with how the work also.

Foo

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Certainly it depends on individual circumstances. In my case, I find the LED excellent for closer range visibility. Where the HID is excellent is for reducing fatigue on all-night drives. Their long range penetration is excellent. That is why a combination of both is hard to beat.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts