Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, new to the forum. just thought i would throw a few pics up of my ute. had it for just over a yr now and since then have built tray, pwr intercooler, suspension, tyres.
just bought a diesel gas aus system for her and am planning on making a start on install very soon hopefully. ute runs 16-17 psi and gets along real nice.

future plans
new custom turbo from jpc ( start of 2011 if things go to plan)
in car pc
full canopy and canvase for tray
sell the lift and replace with a 6" lift

·
Registered
nissan
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers guys, yeah i was planning on selling it not long ago but no one ever came through with the cash so i decided to keep her, which in the long run is probably a better move.
it is a good truck im happy with it just keep tinkering away and crossing things off the list i will.
if i can get my hands on a tube bender over summer then a set of rock slidders and tube bar might be on the cards

·
Registered
290 Posts
**** i love the tray on this thing mate.. Looks tough, nice work.

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ ute
362 Posts
what is the overall lenth of the tray mate and how did you make the roll bars for the cage, did you get a metal shop to make em or did ya do it yourself. awesome tray mate!

·
Registered
nissan
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry for late reply, tray is 2100mm long, and i had the bars made up at a local shop, they r able to mandrel bend up to 5"

ute goes in this friday to get diesel gas all tunded, hopefully be as good as they say, then i think a couple more conversasions to the guys at JPC and ill be upgrading the turbo in the new yr.

·
Registered
nissan
777 Posts
Gday,

Love what you have done with the tray and I hope you dont mind if I use some of your ideas?

Are the sides removable? I dont want full size drop sides and looking at sides like you have done.

If possible, can I get you to send me some more pics of your build and finished product?

I wont be doing the cage as I need that space for toolboxes but the sides and mud guards are awesome

[email protected] if you can

Thanks mate

Gary

·
Registered
nissan
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah go for it mate, thats what its all about on here, sharing ideas.
yes sides are removable, i bolt them in, originally i drilled a hole straight down through the 75mm and out the other side and used a T bar allan key to push the bolt up through the RHS then through the side and then tightened it up, never had any problems with them rubbing or making any noise, can be a bit of a pain if u want to take them off all the time but for me i leave them on. over summer though im going to drill a bigger hole in the top of the RHS and weld a nut flush with the top of it so in future all i need to do is undo a bolt going down through the sides.
As for the flares i folded up a length of 2mm and just cut angles and folded and tack it til i was happy, a bit of stuffing around but im happy with how they came out.

ive emailed photos of the tray build to u mate, hope they help

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
267 Posts
very tidy mate, makes me miss my old ute!!

id be leaving the suspension you have, looks like a damn good height to me

The tray looks tops

cheers sean

·
Registered
nissan
777 Posts
Thanks for the email jakeyp, top work thats for sure!

I now have a much better idea of how I want to fabricate mine, there should be enough changes for it to look different though, plus it will be sporting a rear bar and roof rack as it is my daily work vehicle.

Cheers
Gary

·
Registered
nissan
81 Posts
Maayyyt Love the ute, nice work, looks in proportion to.
keep up the good work!

·
Registered
nissan
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey guys quick update. Slowly been doing alittle more to my ute but like most things money determines when they get done.
Anyway I ordered my jpc custom today and I have a laminova 4 core intercooler waiting to bolt up when I put the turbo on. While I'm doing them I decided I might aswell do it all properly and I'm building a new airbox to suit the setup. So hopefully in these next few weeks she will be a different car to drive.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts