Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Is there a specific reason you suggest ally? I used to go out on port phillip bay in my neighbours 4.5m Savage and i wasn't particularly impressed with the ride!
I think that the hull shape can have an impact there! :unsure:

Foo

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
I think that the hull shape can have an impact there! :unsure:

Foo
Yeah but how do i know which boats ride well? I hear good stories about quintrex but they are priced at a premium.
Seem to get a lot more for your money with glass boats but many are for protected waters and skiing. I need to figure out what can hndle open waters.

Registered
CRD Wagon
Yeah but how do i know which boats ride well? I hear good stories about quintrex but they are priced at a premium.
Seem to get a lot more for your money with glass boats but many are for protected waters and skiing. I need to figure out what can hndle open waters.
Was your mates Savage a Jabiru?

Look for a deep v alloy, generally the heavier built "plate" style boats ride better.

These are the boat of choice up here. Personally I'll stick with a v punt and rough ride.

Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
The Quintrex tinnies with the Millennium hull will generally ride better than anything other than plate boats. I've sat on 50 in 1m chop in a 5m Quintrex leaving Darwin harbour and didn't get bashed around. Try that in most other tinnies and you will need physio afterwards. They are worth the money. Stay away from the entry level ones like the Busta as they have very weak sides.
If you want to venture outside protected waters you definitely want high sides and a deep v hull.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Registered
The Quintrex tinnies with the Millennium hull will generally ride better than anything other than plate boats. I've sat on 50 in 1m chop in a 5m Quintrex leaving Darwin harbour and didn't get bashed around. Try that in most other tinnies and you will need physio afterwards. They are worth the money. Stay away from the entry level ones like the Busta as they have very weak sides.
If you want to venture outside protected waters you definitely want high sides and a deep v hull.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
My mate has a Quintrex tinny and it is the most stable and comfortable tinny I have ever been in.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts