Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
GU IV TI 4.8
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
John's 02 GU

Gday all. May as well show you my new ride. I've owned Kingswood and Commodore wagons up until a few weeks ago when i bought this 02 ST wagon. The 4x4 bug bit hard this year and working with them doesn't help much... so I recently bit the bullet and sold my HSV Avalanche wagon and found this Patrol. I'm not a fan of stockers, so I had a few mods planned well before I even picked it up ;)

When I got the GU it had a Ti front bar, a 3" exhaust and wiring for spotties. Since then I've done the following mods:

XROX bullbar
lightforce 240 Blitz driving lights
16x8 black Sunraysiers with 285/75 Bighorns
GME 3400 UHF
dark tint
Pioneer speakers
2" Dobinsons/Sus Stuff lift
side stickers and lower badges on rear door removed

Future plans:
paint raised part of bonnet black
snorkel
power chip
winch
new head unit
rear drawers
roof rack setup

She's my only car so it's my daily driver and the main purpose for buying it was to get out and about with a few trips to the northern desert areas and over to the beaches on Yorke Peninsula where I grew up. I've already had it on the beach and it works a treat.

Anyway here's a few progress pics, let me know what you think

just got it home:

front bar and lights installed:

new wheels/tyres and tint

lift installed. first beach run:

white stripes coloured black on wheels:

·
Registered
nissan patrol
128 Posts
Sweet rig mate, i saw i video on you tube the other day of a patrol exactly the same at morgan quarry going down a pretty steep hill and ended up in some trees. Wasnt you was it ;)

·
Registered
GU IV TI 4.8
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mate. nah it wasn't me... i haven't actually been anywhere like that yet. might have a browse for the vid now though!

·
Creepy Lurker
nissan
542 Posts
Geez she was clean as when you first got her, but looks so much better now for the mods done. 3.0 or 4.2?

·
Registered
GU IV TI 4.8
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah sorry i didn't mention, it's a 3L. i went with the xrox bar for something different. i work with a small fleet of remote area patrols and other 4wds, all with the usual commercial/deluxe style bars and without wanting to offend, you do see alot of them around. obviously they're popular for good reason, but i'm right into modifying cars and wanted something else. plus they just look tough :D

thanks for the comments guys! much appreciated

·
Registered
GU IV TI 4.8
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i spent the weekend preping and painting the raised part of my bonnet. here's a pic of how it looks now. still needs a bit of a sand back and a buff, but i had to get it back on the car for work today!

·
Registered
GU IV TI 4.8
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks mate. nah i'm not interested in going any higher, not really needed

i picked up some 2nd hand drawers the other day and i spent today modifying them to suit child restraints on the left and the right. finished result:

·
Registered
GU Patrol Wagon Series 1
774 Posts
nice job with the rear drawers, wanted to see a few pics of drawers with the child seat tie down point for ages now!!!

Cheers

Phil

·
Registered
GU IV TI 4.8
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks phil. these drawers used the factory restraint points to hold them down anyway, so it was a matter of carefully butchering both drawers so they can slide back with the strap in place. then making a suitable hole in the top each side, and making sure the cut out can be put back in place when not in use to keep things tidy

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
Looks wickid!

congrats, looking forward to seeing how this ride ends up!

·
Registered
GU Patrol Wagon Series 1
774 Posts
Sounds fairly simple, ive been wanting drawers for a while now but have been holding off because of the child seat anchor point.

Awesome work

cheers

phil

1 - 20 of 151 Posts