·
Registered
Nissan
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
nissan
6,273 Posts
Yep, Frank is a good mate of mine and an absolute top bloke!

He runs flat out offroad racing and have been around for years racing a few tricked out toyo's.

Anyway back to the rims, they're great, and well priced, he gets them made up overseas, and imports them himself, co incidentally in the same factory that manufacture many other big brand name wheels. They are a proper manufactured BEADLOCK wheel not a weld on kit.

I got a set of 16's on my shorty. And got about 4 other mates running em on patrols. They're been used Offroad in comps for a few years before they started selling em to the public. I have them completely unbalanced on 35" toyo MT and they drive mint.

·
Registered
nissan
165 Posts
Iv had a set off him there good rims and a great price only recently sold them and went alloys

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
18,470 Posts
I've known Frank for about fifteen years and you won't meet a nicer bloke. They are top value, at the price I'm sure even with freight they would be a bargain?

I raced the GasDash with a mate on them a couple of weeks back and on two occasions we hit rocks hard enough to make such a jolt that it beggars belief we didn't dent any rims, and yet they were fine. I was pretty bloody impressed.

Well worth the coin.

But like any beadlocks don't get slack on checking all the bolts for tightness.

Reactions: Tru Blu

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,054 Posts
Yeah, we are. At that price, I might look into these when the time comes to upgrade. They look good and at a good price to!

·
Registered
Nissan
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I gave Frank a call this morning.
Very helpful and does sound like a decent fellow.
He didn't have the offset I was after in stock but can get them.......Awesome.

Freight to brisbane is not too hideous either at around $40 a rim, maybe a tad cheaper.

Anyways, verbal order placed and with a bit of luck I will see them before Santa slides down my chimney...........maybe.

Cheers everyone. HoHoHo.

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
You lads from Perth sound like a good bunch of blokes.

It's a pity you all may as well be in another country though......hahaha.

:bigthumb:

Yeah, we are. At that price, I might look into these when the time comes to upgrade. They look good and at a good price to!
Well most of us are except for Rhys:roll: he's just a little bit gay:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Reactions: klappers

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,054 Posts
Screw you all :p

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Yep that would be just what you would like:rofl::rofl:

Reactions: klappers

·
Registered
Nissan
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Since I'm upgrading my rims, I'm thinking of swapping out my simex for a larger creepy crawler.
The tyres I'm looking at currently are 14.5 inches wide. Opinions on rim width would be appreciated, along with pros and cons of this width of tyre if any.

·
Registered
Nissan
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nothing wrong with the Simex, don't get me wrong. Only issues I have is their sizing. It's a pitty that the 36" is their biggest.
Mud.......what's that....hehe. Sure we get some.......sometimes here in SE QLD. The dust far outways the mud though. Saying that, it will prolly piss down for the next 40 days and 40 nights......not sure Noah will let me on his boat with the patrol.......even if it does wear Simex.

I am trying to take advantage of Franks beadlock pricing so Im limited to tyres in the 16" rim size.(not sure if he gets them made in 17"s)

Aggressive and around the 38" range is what I'm after. Maxxis creepy currently fit the bill. I was also under the impression that the M8090 was fairly decent without breaking the bank like the sticky trepadors.

Not sure on the pricing of the Nittos but I will have to go a 17" rim for these in the size I'm after.

But back to rim width, I'm guessing that an 8" wide beadlocks rim would actually be 9 -9.5" wide, and thefore comfortably cuddle a 14.5" wide tyre without any dramas????

Jamie, can you remember the actual width of yours posted above?

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
For 14.5 wide I would run a 10 inch, on a 8 inch they will crown badly

·
Registered
31 Posts
hey does anyone know if old mate is still selling these rims in WA??? and have a contact number or a place that he is selling from after a set of 17s this week sometime. are they selling though on track fab?? could someone pm me a contact

1 - 20 of 21 Posts