Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
New to the forum & the patrol scene so thought id show my new car....its a '94 Patrol DX with an AXT turbo :D. After months of waiting for one to come up I bought her from a bloke who used it to tow his van. Its in mint condition apart from dodgy paint. Its been up the red centre & to the cape but only done 268xxx kms when i picked her up.

Its got 2" OME springs & shocks, snorkel, dual tanks & terries, UHF in roof mounted console, airbag suspension, electric brakes, steel bar with hella rallye's, diff breathers and 31" A/T's but otherwise stock.

No major plans at this stage the car is a work vehicle so needs to be drivable but....im thinking about an exhaust upgrade; some body lift & 33's...

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
246 Posts
Hi there. Nice one. I haven´t seen much of those short patrols here in Iceland. I have only seen 2. One on 38" and one on 35" I have 3" exhaust in my patrol. And it´s loud and proud :)

·
Registered
nissan
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there. Nice one. I haven´t seen much of those short patrols here in Iceland. I have only seen 2. One on 38" and one on 35" I have 3" exhaust in my patrol. And it´s loud and proud :)
Haha thanks mate I was watching your video of icelandic 4x4ing and what can I say that is EXTREME!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
nice clean swb!

I bought my shorty in much the same condition, one owner with a td42t and it only had 165000 ks.
Have spent over 10k on it so far and loving it
Have fun with it, I certainly have:D

·
Registered
nissan
246 Posts
Haha thanks mate I was watching your video of icelandic 4x4ing and what can I say that is EXTREME!!
Yes it´s a very popular sport here in Iceland. But this ford F350 on the54" is realy extreme. I´m about 180cm high but I was just short standing close to this truck :D But I could actualy reach to the door handles :p

·
Registered
nissan
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so im thinking about getting some 33" mud tyres for offroad use....
- in a nutshell i DONT want to put flares on the car; mainly as 95% of the time ill be using the 31x10.5 all terrains and I think the car will look stupid with flares & these tyres...

Question - can you run 33's without flares & still be legal? If so what offset wheels? If the answer is no maybe I should consider a different sized tyre e.g. 285/75?

What do people think. Cheers. Josh

·
Registered
nissan patrol
338 Posts
Nice shorty mate,your 4be will be fine with 33's and the standard flares you have on.Running without any flares and 33s will chuck up so much **** it becomes annoying.Have fun ...

·
Registered
nissan
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Put in some new drawers over the weekend & upgraded the lighting situation or lack thereof!
Ended up just putting drawer slides in one of the drawers to carry my heavy gear...
might have to run some slides in the other drawers down the track.
Also ran some adhesive LED strips up the rear doors which are very bright & work well to light up the drawer contents

Cheers

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts