Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1983 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bloody hell it just hit 40C on my back verandah here in beautiful downtown Bli Bli, but the humidity is only 40%, a very strange day, it's certainly hot but I don't need the aircon on in the hoiuse.........

How's the rest of the country fairing?

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
11,859 Posts
Hit 37.5 here a while ago.
Nice in the aircon at work though.
Don't feel to bad about working late this arvo. It's days like this I'm glad I moved into the office.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Noosa.30C in my Gazebo a couple of hours ago. Now 27C. Humidity is high. Drink plenty.
Now ain't that strange, 40C and 40% here and high RH% and 30C where you are??????? and we are only separated by 30odd k.

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
18,698 Posts
It was high 30's here only a few days ago.... this morning 10c and storms.. stupid weather gods WHERE IS SUMMER!

·
Registered
nissan
22,148 Posts
We get the sea breezes here Gee. It does make a difference. Down on The Sound they will be sweltering. I lived there once and it is one of the reasons I moved up the hill.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu crd ute
8,114 Posts
13 deg and windy. we got 34 the other day . damn wish weather would be one way or the other.

·
Registered
nissan
22,148 Posts
Mind you, living on The Sound did have some advantages. When I retired (24 years ago) I used to enjoy a morning stroll down to Hastings Street. There was a very nice little Café, Café Kokomo, where I could buy a delightful selection of breakfast snacks. I used get the morning paper and read it after breakfast. Usually had a cappucino or two and sometimes orange juice.

I liked watching the day get started, shopkeepers opening up, delivery vans arriving and people heading off to Main Beach. Everything was waking up.

It was very civilised and a little French. Made a great start to the day for me.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,644 Posts
9 degrees, pissing rain and windy.
Pretty typical Summers day in Melbourne.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mind you, living on The Sound did have some advantages. When I retired (24 years ago) I used to enjoy a morning stroll down to Hastings Street. There was a very nice little Café, Café Kokomo, where I could buy a delightful selection of breakfast snacks. I used get the morning paper and read it after breakfast. Usually had a cappucino or two and sometimes orange juice.

I liked watching the day get started, shopkeepers opening up, delivery vans arriving and people heading off to Main Beach. Everything was waking up.

It was very civilised and a little French. Made a great start to the day for me.
Esty, Sounds very much like Bli Bli caravan park of a morning..... just a little bit french.

·
Registered
nissan
22,148 Posts
Eating out for breakfast doesn't seem to be an Australian thing. Not that I've noticed anyhow. Might be different in Melbourne or parts of Sydney. It is a European thing though.

·
The Bear
nissan
2,413 Posts
Dunno what it was here at Birkdale, mid 30's I guess. Hot enough to sweat, but could have been the BBQ roasting two lamb legs, a Pork shoulder and a tray of baked potato's to feed 15 retired coppers and their wives at our Qld Retired Police Assn, Redlands Branch Xmas break-up luncheon at our place. Also got up at 6.30 this morning to make a 600mm x 400mm x 60mm tray of lasagne, plenty of left over Lasagne and pork shoulder for the weekend........

Had a refreshing shower of rain about 4pm to cool the afternoon off. Very pleasant here at the moment, hang on that's the Air con......... glad I don't live in Vic or SA , too cold and wet. Mate rings up two three times a week from rosebud West either whinging about the heat, cold or bloody rain....

1 - 20 of 1983 Posts