Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1821 - 1840 of 1913 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,822
Just hit 38.4c and 18%rh on my veranah, temp still climbing, rh still dropping, whoops 15%rh now in just a few moments. Wind has settled down, hope that is a good sign.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,824
No new records today, all dropping back now.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,826
For those that missed yesterday's Sunshine coast hailstorm. Here is a mesmerizing video showing a car getting pummeled by hailstones up to cricket ball size.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
At speeds of likely 125mph, damn they can hurt, kill birds, that storm missed us by a couple of k, but the previous day I got caught in it moving between neighbours place and mine, smaller hail luckily.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,129 Posts
The one we got caught in a couple of years ago was like that, probably the scariest thing I've been through, sitting in the car hoping one of those lumps of ice wouldn't come through a window.

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
11,842 Posts
The one we got caught in a couple of years ago was like that, probably the scariest thing I've been through, sitting in the car hoping one of those lumps of ice wouldn't come through a window.
I think I posted this at the time of it happening. A young mum caught in the same situation with hail coming in smashed windows. Scary stuff!

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,829
Going to need to change thread title, it just hit 38c in my weather station and up until now the same reading on verandah, since removing Alcinite and fitting sand coloured colourbond it is 2 degrees cooler under there, wooohooo! Now if I can just get the damned panels I'm after for lining, it will be even gooderer.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,831 (Edited)
38c here and only 17%RH, walk in the park.

Hot, Sweaty, Smokey and uncomfortable in Newcastle so I'm told.

·
Premium Member
Patrol Hybrid.
11,618 Posts
I relented and turned it on. Had it set at 29, the bride just asked me to turn it off as she was too cold.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,255 Posts
Was 40 at my office in Mt Gravatt and 35 on the Northside near the airport. Hope it stays nice and warm like this. I want to go spear fishing but hate cold water.

·
Premium Member
Patrol Hybrid.
11,618 Posts
Was 40 at my office in Mt Gravatt and 35 on the Northside near the airport. Hope it stays nice and warm like this. I want to go spear fishing but hate cold water.

I was a heat freak, I’ve matured (got older) and the body doesn’t handle the heat as well as it did in the past, a bit annoying. 😡

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,839
I was a heat freak, I’ve matured (got older) and the body doesn’t handle the heat as well as it did in the past, a bit annoying. 😡
I spent years working in northern PNG where it rarely reaches 40c but 38c is common with 98%RH, coldest night you will get in the lowlands is 26c at midnight in the middle of winter. Also worked in the US in -25c. Here today was 38c and 17%RH, heaven.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,840
Something going on up here with a fire, mucho smoke and smell, haven't heard anything yet. I should be able to see mountains in the background.....

1821 - 1840 of 1913 Posts