Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1841 - 1860 of 2069 Posts

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,216 Posts
It's like that here this afternoon & evening. Started getting dark early & now theres a strange yellow/orange shade to everything.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,842
Seems a fire from yesterday at Yandina has flared. Just closed house and put aircon on, smoke haze and smell in the house slowly clearing.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,393 Posts
Still 30c here at Sandstone Point.

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,393 Posts
Temperature and humidity is bloody nasty today! :eek: 🖕

Foo

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,182 Posts
Nice here. 👍

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,850
36c and 53%RH here on Sunny Coast

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
41 & 15% here.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,856
6mm here last night with hopefully more to come, mowed lawn yesterday in anticipation and bugga me it is actually greener this morning

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,182 Posts
More than 14mm yesterday, still getting showers. The grass is growing at a prodigious rate. The place is green again.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,858
Not so much here but hopeful of today (bloody BOM can tell you what the weather will be like in 50 years but can't get tomorrow right), we were supposed to get around 60mm in the last few days, spent 2 days ago cleaning out leaves from the side of the driveway stones where water will rush in a downpour, Oh well, I'm prepared if it does happen, 6mm was it with another 0.8mm after midnight. But, grass is loving very fine mist rain at the moment.
Was reading an article on the recent rains in NT, interesting read
While the BOM has confirmed the reading at Dum In Mirrie broke the NT's daily rainfall record (previously 544mm in the Roper Valley in 1963), the 562mm on the island does not crack the top-10 biggest daily readings recorded in Australia.
The highest ever daily rainfall total in the country — 907mm at Crohamhurst, QLD in 1893 — was barely threatened by the tropical storms.
The 515mm at Wagait Beach is now the second highest ever daily rainfall recorded in the NT.
From the vantage point of the local native plant nursery, Wagait Beach local Jack Ellis watched on in disbelief as his plants soaked up more than half a wet season's worth of rain in a single day.

1841 - 1860 of 2069 Posts