Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1861 - 1880 of 1985 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,861
According to my bom map it is pouring up on Fraser and not a bloody drop here even with heavy overcast..........

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
nissan
13,639 Posts
31 here gee with a thick covering of smoke..

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,863
BOM forecast for my area, 60% chance of rain for today, had 1.3mm since midnight, tomorrows forecast is 100% chance of rain, so I'm expecting 1.3mm x 40% = 2.08mm, lol.

·
Premium Member
Patrol Hybrid.
11,934 Posts
We’ve had 15.6mm so far, 70% chance tomorrow. The ground is starting to feel wet, pool has topped up a bit. Loving it.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,866
Well, BOM and their team of scientific weather forcasters with all the modeling have done it again, today was predicted to have 100% chance of rain, guess what? None, zero, zilch all day. Tomorrow is now predicted to be a 61% chance, won't hold my breath, gotta come soon though, a trough has been sitting in the one spot offshore all bloody day.

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,171 Posts
We had a good bit of rain last night and have had about 5 mm of rain so far this morning with more to come at Wynnum West

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,868
We got a bit late last night, but nothing like what was forecast with BOM's modelling. They are now saying later in the week, 86% chance (emphasis on the word Chance) tomorrow, then 56%, 66%, 58%, 70% (whooooHoooo) then 40% next Monday.

·
Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
83 Posts
Eastern parts NSW, BOM witch doctor is forecasting for tomorrow, showers and storm activity across the zone . My area in Southern Tablelands (just Nth Canberra) 95% chance of 10-30mm rain tomorrow with possible severe thunder storm/flash flooding with some follow up throughout week. Storm cell activity so maybe lightning strike concerns in the mix.

Here is hoping good rain without unwanted strikes, just about to shake the dust on cob webs out of the rain gauge. Nearby fire grounds and fire effected areas (to the East thru to South-SW(Adaminiby Complex and surrounds KNP_snowies fire) may get some as well.

Lets see what good comes of it_concern of erosion and ash contamination of waterways..:unsure:

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,870
Not one drop of rain here today after modeling by BOM forecast 60%. Of well.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,399 Posts
It's rained a couple of times this arvo and evening. When I got home this arvo there were only a couple of patches of cloud left above. I was intending to chuck a new set of pads on the front of the GU so went upstairs and got changed before having a power failure. Thank god my body said no as the GU would of been up on stands with one of the rotors off when the rain started again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
83 Posts
I have had plenty of moisture droplets from armpits here of late, been reducing fuel load around house/sheds, cutting back coppice regrowth from stumps and clearing leaves and stuff.

Fuel Load reduction.jpg

If we got any rain in the gauge last night it must of evaporated. Now BOM says 15mm/95% down from 30mm_see what comes of it.
Love to fill our water tanks at least. Average annual rainfall here 620mm and last yr was around 300mm(pretty dry)/lowest annual for 20yrs.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,874
At least you are in with a chance, we have had weeks of 0%, 0%, 0%, 0%, 0%, then 5% possibly 10% chance but that is 10% of getting 0.1 mm tomorrow. Which means just humid enough for me to get 0.1 mm sweat forming in my armpits.
Not seeing any effects from cyclone offshore?

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,527 Posts
Well the climate has changed here. You labor loving heathens from qld are missing out. Here in liberal nsw our thoughts and prayers (thanks to our happy clapper no.1 sharkies fan Scotty from marketing) have been delivered.

Hope you guys are next.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,876
Well the climate has changed here. You labor loving heathens from qld are missing out. Here in liberal nsw our thoughts and prayers (thanks to our happy clapper no.1 sharkies fan Scotty from marketing) have been delivered.

View attachment 515517

Hope you guys are next.
Love it..... that's pretty good rain. But I'm not a Labor loving heathen Queenslander, I'm a right leaning Queenslander so send more my way. ;). We've had 15.5mm since midnight plus the slow soaking dribbles of previous days so my two tanks are full and the ground is actually moist, not enough rain to cause runoff but that is probably good, this is what is on offer here at this point in time, hanging there and not doing much.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,175 Posts
If BOM says 90% chance of rain, then there's 100% chance we'll get the 10% chance of no rain. o_O

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,399 Posts
Effing rain. NEED to do the brakes and it keeps raining on me. 2nd day in a row of getting home early to do them and it starts raining 5 min afterwards. FFS. Send it down south and out west.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,879
Effing rain. NEED to do the brakes and it keeps raining on me. 2nd day in a row of getting home early to do them and it starts raining 5 min afterwards. FFS. Send it down south and out west.

No no no, needed here they're getting there share down there, had pics from 2 NSW friends.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,077 Posts

If ya stopped being a slack arse n put ya garage up, you wouldn't get wet. 🤔🤣

Foo

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

1861 - 1880 of 1985 Posts