Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1881 - 1900 of 2069 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,367 Posts
Its only been in the last week that I've been able to lift more than 1kg with left arm. A few weeks ago I couldn't even hold my phone without a stupid amount of pain. Am down to a couple of neuephen a day now. Hence me not even considering assembling the carport yet.
Moral of the story is don't try to shovel as much and as fast as you did when you're 50 as you did when you were a extremely fit 25 year old brickies labourer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,104 Posts
Its only been in the last week that I've been able to lift more than 1kg with left arm. A few weeks ago I couldn't even hold my phone without a stupid amount of pain. Am down to a couple of neuephen a day now. Hence me not even considering assembling the carport yet.
Moral of the story is don't try to shovel as much and as fast as you did when you're 50 as you did when you were a extremely fit 25 year old brickies labourer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
The older I get, the better I was. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
147 Posts
My optimism did not help with rainfall here today, BOM estimated 30mm and only 3mm recorded in gauge. All it did was wash the ash off the zinc roof and all was diverted from going in to the domestic use tank.

This gives us a new total rainfall for the past 3 months of 3mm, so lifted the quarterly average significantly_must be good at that............

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Not seeing any effects from cyclone offshore?
No, the first one crossed the Pilbara coast dumped a huge amount of water as it pretty much tracked inland diagonally. Missed the west coast Perth and south west. Not sure what the next one is doing, certainly more humid yesterday 37 humid and 35 today. Sticky humidity for Perth which is normally super dry compared to where you are, but still no rain.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Well the climate has changed here. You labor loving heathens from qld are missing out. Here in liberal nsw our thoughts and prayers (thanks to our happy clapper no.1 sharkies fan Scotty from marketing) have been delivered.

View attachment 515517

Hope you guys are next.
Ha, I can just imagine Scotty's prayers: Oh Lord, please don't let me loose my job, how about some rain for the marginal voter seats and the staunch supporters, but bugger the rest of those sinners, let them burn.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,328 Posts
There's been some good rain around the place.

Foo

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,104 Posts
One little shower, hopefully some today.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
8,623 Posts
One little shower, hopefully some today.
My tank that 2 days ago was almost empty is now over flowing and we have so much surface water because it can’t soak in. Down the front of the yard is a pond about 6 inches deep because it can’t run away fast enough.
Hopefully it’s going to the farmers too.
Stanthorpe had officially run out of water, fingers crossed it’s out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,328 Posts
My tank that 2 days ago was almost empty is now over flowing and we have so much surface water because it can’t soak in. Down the front of the yard is a pond about 6 inches deep because it can’t run away fast enough.
Hopefully it’s going to the farmers too.
Stanthorpe had officially run out of water, fingers crossed it’s out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,328 Posts

Foo

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,896
Tanks full, pool full and overflowing, on my new and calibrated weather station we have had 104.2mm since midnight and, 131.9mm for last 24 hours. The rain was reasonably heavy but not enough to cause flooding, it was simple very steady.
Culvert beside my house is flowing freely first time in quite a while.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,898
Got a call from an old mate out on the NSW tablelands, he has a dam on his property 4m deep and 15m across, it was empty, filled yesterday in 1 hour.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,212 Posts
Yay, it's our turn now. We had 6mm on Thursday night & again last night, but it's really coming down now. Might have to put the drizabone & gumboots on & go for a walk to enjoy it.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,900
Yay, it's our turn now. We had 6mm on Thursday night & again last night, but it's really coming down now. Might have to put the drizabone & gumboots on & go for a walk to enjoy it.
Got a video from a mate a few hours south of you, his 1/2 acre was bone dry and a dustbowll, the vid has his wife dancing around the yard in pouring rain, very humorous.

1881 - 1900 of 2069 Posts