Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1901 - 1920 of 1998 Posts

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,171 Posts
My tank that 2 days ago was almost empty is now over flowing and we have so much surface water because it can’t soak in. Down the front of the yard is a pond about 6 inches deep because it can’t run away fast enough.
Hopefully it’s going to the farmers too.
Stanthorpe had officially run out of water, fingers crossed it’s out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes, Father in law was saying that they have had constant rain since yesterday and estimates that he has received about 60-70 mm but because the ground is so dry it is soaking in and there is no run off yet, more rain is needed.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,142 Posts
Yes, Father in law was saying that they have had constant rain since yesterday and estimates that he has received about 60-70 mm but because the ground is so dry it is soaking in and there is no run off yet, more rain is needed.
Probably need 200mm over a week for run off without taking all the topsoil away.

Foo

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,171 Posts
Probably need 200mm over a week for run off without taking all the topsoil away.

Foo
Yep, He said that he went down town to have a look at the little spillway on Quart Pot Creek and it was about 2 foot below spillway so even though the recent rainfall is helpful, it isn't drought breaking.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,181 Posts
We only got 44mm today, main water tank's still not full & no run off into the dam. We'll need a few hundred mm's over a week to fill our dam. Hopefully we'll get some more tomorrow to fill the tanks.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,181 Posts
Must have pizzed down while I was asleep last night, 115mm in the rain gauge this morning. Water tanks are now full & the dam has come up a bit, but a long way from full. Some low places down in the padock that would normally have 100mm or more of water sitting in them after rain like that are still dry, it's all just soaking into the ground. I'd better go & fill the jerry can for the mower because I think I'll be doing a lot of mowing over the next few weeks.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,910
Must have pizzed down while I was asleep last night, 115mm in the rain gauge this morning. Water tanks are now full & the dam has come up a bit, but a long way from full. Some low places down in the padock that would normally have 100mm or more of water sitting in them after rain like that are still dry, it's all just soaking into the ground. I'd better go & fill the jerry can for the mower because I think I'll be doing a lot of mowing over the next few weeks.
Mate last night at beer o'clock I sat in the driveway with my wife and neighbour and watched the grass grow.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,181 Posts
Some parts of our block have a lot of sub surface moisture so the grass there has been growing over 100mm a week even without any rain, so the next couple of weeks it's going to go crazy.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
8,391 Posts
Drove over the Logan River today. For the last 6 months it’s been empty with weeds growing in the sand. Today the river is half full which means it’s come up about 5 meters over night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
Patrol Hybrid.
12,026 Posts
Qld is due for a cyclone and floods, just some widespread rains with raised creek and river levels would be good.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,181 Posts
It's like a sauna here today, after all the rain over the wekend. It's about 33C & 1000% humidity. We've only got one of those portable AC's, with a pipe out the window, whicch struggles to do anything, getting a 7.1kW split system put in at the end of next week, can't wait.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,916
It's like a sauna here today, after all the rain over the wekend. It's about 33C & 1000% humidity. We've only got one of those portable AC's, with a pipe out the window, whicch struggles to do anything, getting a 7.1kW split system put in at the end of next week, can't wait.
Same here, bloody uncomfortable. You won't know yourself with that system.

1901 - 1920 of 1998 Posts