Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1921 - 1940 of 1983 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,921 (Edited)
Getting smashed here at Bli Bli, side driveway is a river, haven't seen wind gusts like this for a while. WiFi gone.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

EDIT: WiFi back up, temp dropped from 38c just after midday to 21c right now.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,064 Posts
That looked nasty from the south.

This was the temp inside the workshop.

Foo

·
Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
82 Posts
Its good to see you guys still trying to get those boots to dry out, we have spent our time cloud spotting but only 4mm of rain over the last 7 days and is same total so far this year.:cry:

A lot of dispersed storm cells around last few days, just missing out but certainly not wanting large hail.

Been thinking of doing a run up the mountains(snowies) to check it out, not certain if able due to access yet. The Adaminaby Complex fire area (Eucumbene/Kiandra surrounds) is where I go fly fishing and have noted that some known favorite spots have been burnt out. Insect life and so much more will be hit hard. The fires up there remain active "being controlled" and we are warming to 30-35c next 7 days_ Thurs 35C/55kph N-W winds/possible thunderstorms. Last Saturday night 11.30, dry lightning strike 2 km nth and fire contained very quickly_fairly common cause around here(sth tablelands, NSW).

·
Registered
nissan gq
1,482 Posts
45C on my verandah this arvo,still 39c at 1800 hrs phew,thank Panasonic a/c for a comfortable day,but gotta go outside soon---- or maybe later--- much

Cheers,G.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,927
Got an email warning today about the high potential of flash flooding between gold coast and gympie over the next few days, up to 300mm is possible. Dorothy certainly got it right didn't she.

·
Registered
nissan gq
1,482 Posts
Got an email warning today about the high potential of flash flooding between gold coast and gympie over the next few days, up to 300mm is possible. Dorothy certainly got it right didn't she.
Wasn't that Chicken Little ? Dorothy was the heel clickin nazi,

Cheers,G.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,929
Wasn't that Chicken Little ? Dorothy was the heel clickin nazi,

Cheers,G.
No I was referring to Dorothea Mackellar (just spelled the first name incorrectly).

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
16,610 Posts
Got a little rain yesterday morning, then it hit 41 in my back yard. Humidity was murder.

Drier today, but already 30 in the back yard, and it's only 07:30.

I see a planned leisurely lunch with mates at the Ravo on the Murray River turning into an all day'er.

Bugger, I know I will end up the skipper for a bunch of drunken geriatrics ....

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,394 Posts
Was wet and freezing when I left home this morning. Landed in Rockhampton an hour ago and its mid 30s, humid and back to perfect again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,064 Posts
17c at Nanango this morning.

Foo

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,934
Here at Maaroom it has been raining all day last time I looked had 64mm last night and today
Still waiting for what they forecast for us, we had 32mm overnight but nothing other than a spit today, looks threatening but that is about all. Send some down here ;).

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,935
Finally, 133mm so far today, apparently Parts of Tin Can Bay recorded 250mm, overall there have been pretty good falls throughout QLD. I'm heading South to mid north coast NSW on Monday for a few days, going to rain the whole time so I'm told, thats OK I'll have plenty of beer and a deck of cards with me ;).

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,064 Posts
250mm at Byron Bay so far. :eek:

Foo

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,938
186mm in last 24 hours.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,939
Went through the records of my new weather station I got for Christmas and installed above the roof a few days later. I know it is accurate as I have a manual gauge setup on a fence and it matches daily fall readings.
Total for year to date = 485mm
Total for Feb so far = 226mm

The highest Feb I have recorded here so far was 393mm.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,524 Posts
120 mm here overall. Only seven in the last 24 hours. All the springs have sprung up and dams are full. We are roughly 70 klms north west of Bryon Bay who received over 250mm in a 24 hour period. In contrast we only received 25 mm for the same period.

I was talking to a local farmer this morning. He is real happy as he planted a thousand acres of soy beans and rice. That crop is now growth secured.

Happy days.

1921 - 1940 of 1983 Posts