Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1941 - 1960 of 1983 Posts

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,174 Posts
Seems to be patchy, we've only had around 100mm since Thursday. Our dam is only back up to where it was after the rain a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,060 Posts
Tiz rainin here pretty heavy now. :oops: Gutters are over flowin again but I couldn't give a ratsarse! 🖕 Temp is goodly for sleeping.

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,060 Posts
Been some good rain fall totals out on the Downs. 🤗

Foo

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,171 Posts
Pissin doen here. Hey @yettis beast you are about to get wet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
We have had heavy rain here at Wynnum since about 5:00pm this arvo, already siphoned the pool level down and will have to do it again

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,949
Someone mentioned pool flushing, did a big flush of the sand filter yesterday so clean as a whistle there, pool will refill, I'm away this coming week it doesn't matter if it overflows.
Had to laugh the other day, Max, my resident Magpie, jumped into the pool on the top step the other day, first time I've seen him do it in the 12+ years he's been hanging around, he could stand on the step up to his neck while he had a bath.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,174 Posts
We had around 85mm last night, even the frogs have had enough & have moved inside. Found this one on the floor of the ensuite when I went for my morning wizz.
20200209_093013.jpg

They get into the septic system and work their way up to the toilets, we have to tell guests to check for frogs when they use them.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,951
@62woollybugger On the news yesterday they were saying frogs were showing up everywhere here (not including cane toads), it's quite funny actually, we hear that frogs are in decline and you don't see them or hear them in drought, but when it rains they miraculously appear.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,174 Posts
We've normally got lots of different types of frogs around our place but they've been a bit scarce with the drought. It's only been recently with the drought that they've been coming up the septic system. Since the first lot of rain a couple of weeks ago I can hear a lot more of them around.

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,225 Posts
A bit blowy here... plenty of rain by local standards but not compared to what you lot have had over there. White dot to the east of the cyclone is where I’m at

Hope all you flooded folks over there are safe, sorry to see your base level flooded Skegs I hope there’s no damage beyond the cleaning requirement, especially as you’ve worked so hard on that part of the house of late 👍

·
Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
81 Posts
Over 12 months been real dry, we had 10mm yesturday + 71mm last night, stepped outside this morning and "farout man" the creek was running thru the dam (6Ml)_stoked. Check out Late Jan pics compared to those today. Soooo cool. 😲(y)😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😊😎

Did not anticipate the high water_now need to recover canoe. haha
Recon it would have been filling at 1Meg litre / hr

Low As_9 Feb 20.jpg
Low water_Jan 20.jpg
6.1 Ml _10FEB20 81mm rain 24hrs.jpg
10Feb20 Over Flow.jpg

1941 - 1960 of 1983 Posts