Discussion Starter #1,961
Might get some rain here

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,963
This is what is supposed to hit us. I'm at Yamba and the sky has just oened up big time, it is horizntal rain at the moment. My neighbour tells me we copped it at home too.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,375 Posts
This is what is supposed to hit us. I'm at Yamba and the sky has just oened up big time, it is horizntal rain at the moment. My neighbour tells me we copped it at home too.

Sucks to be where you are then.

Foo

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,966
Hope your snorkel is sealed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Would you expect anything less?

Not sure what we had here but the wind was ferocious. My neighbour tells me we had 230mm at home, lol, we head back tomorrow, could be an interesting trip........

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,967
Hope your snorkel is sealed

Would you expect anything less?

Not sure what we had here but the wind was ferocious. My neighbour tells me we had 230mm at home, lol, we head back tomorrow, could be an interesting trip........

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
8,638 Posts
I’m seeing double posts today with both yours Ross and Softy’s last post

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,969
I’m seeing double posts today with both yours Ross and Softy’s last post

The house I'm staying in has bloody awful WiFi, keeps dropping out, TV doesn't even function fully.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,375 Posts
Well I found out why my house flooded. Admittedly the 200+mm of rain we got didn't help but its never flooded under my house like that in the 25 years I've lived there.
Exibit A. Someone's 70mm dia squishy ball. This got jamed at the joint where the front and side stormwater pipes met. Couldn't get rodder past it so made up a drain blaster with garden hose and the airline from workshop compressor. Plugged it into street storm water outlet. Turned water on then hit it with 120psi of air. Ball and a heap of leaf matter blew out of the pipe I opened with a shovel earlier.

Exibit B. I've never needed a ground level storm water grate before because bugger all water normally goes down that side of the house. My AHOLE neighbor moved his car yesterday and exposed why I'm suddenly getting a shyteload more water on that side of the house. He has diverted one of the house downpipes and the downpipe from his illegal double carport to a single pipe yhat exits onto the grass a few meters from my fence. Ontop of that the illegally located container which is full of crap is now pushing over my retaining wall. Council is about to receive a email with pics.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
8,638 Posts
He’s not here. At his secret location where he grows his stuff and is also cut off because of the flooding.
He rang going mental because he has no money or phone credit and we have to get him some now !!! He is going insane looking at 4 walls
Poor princess

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,977
Just arrived home from NSW, flooding all the way down, whole trees making their way down the rivers. Saw a bloke water skiing on the Clarence yesterday, Doh!!!!

For those that say "I haven't seen anything like this before", I have, but then again I'm older than the ones I've seen on TV saying that. I remember the Hunter River when I lived near Newcastle, 1956 I think, My uncles home at Hexam went under completely, when the water went away there was 6ft of mud right through the home. I remember being on the break-wall at Nobby's Beach with my uncle and seeing cattle and horses being swept out to sea to drown, very sad and nothing anyone could do about it.

The news spoke of the flooding at Georges River in Sydney, not uncommon but in the late 70's I was renting a workshop at Milperra only 100m from the Georges, we had a couple of small floods during my time there but I distinctly remember the owner had a high water mark on the back wall and I think that was from 56 as well.

Checked my rain gauge when I got home, 298mm for the week so far.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,145 Posts
The flooding is not huge. There have been a lot worse, I can remember boating around the streets of Lismore in the 70’s.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,979
The flooding is not huge. There have been a lot worse, I can remember boating around the streets of Lismore in the 70’s.
The river at Lismore has just broken its banks apparently. Daughter lives there.

But what would we know about flooding etc Rod? we're just a pair of old redneck **** lol.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,145 Posts
Have a niece that lives towards Bexhill, it’ll be a minor inconvenience. These are not floods, just a normal occurrence. 🙄

1961 - 1980 of 2069 Posts