Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Just hit 44.5C on my back verandah......

140K views 4K replies 105 participants last post by  geeyoutoo 
#1 ·
Bloody hell it just hit 40C on my back verandah here in beautiful downtown Bli Bli, but the humidity is only 40%, a very strange day, it's certainly hot but I don't need the aircon on in the hoiuse.........

How's the rest of the country fairing?

#5 ·
Now ain't that strange, 40C and 40% here and high RH% and 30C where you are??????? and we are only separated by 30odd k.

#11 ·
Mind you, living on The Sound did have some advantages. When I retired (24 years ago) I used to enjoy a morning stroll down to Hastings Street. There was a very nice little Café, Café Kokomo, where I could buy a delightful selection of breakfast snacks. I used get the morning paper and read it after breakfast. Usually had a cappucino or two and sometimes orange juice.

I liked watching the day get started, shopkeepers opening up, delivery vans arriving and people heading off to Main Beach. Everything was waking up.

It was very civilised and a little French. Made a great start to the day for me.

#13 ·
Mind you, living on The Sound did have some advantages. When I retired (24 years ago) I used to enjoy a morning stroll down to Hastings Street. There was a very nice little Café, Café Kokomo, where I could buy a delightful selection of breakfast snacks. I used get the morning paper and read it after breakfast. Usually had a cappucino or two and sometimes orange juice.

I liked watching the day get started, shopkeepers opening up, delivery vans arriving and people heading off to Main Beach. Everything was waking up.

It was very civilised and a little French. Made a great start to the day for me.
Esty, Sounds very much like Bli Bli caravan park of a morning..... just a little bit french.

#20 ·
Dunno what it was here at Birkdale, mid 30's I guess. Hot enough to sweat, but could have been the BBQ roasting two lamb legs, a Pork shoulder and a tray of baked potato's to feed 15 retired coppers and their wives at our Qld Retired Police Assn, Redlands Branch Xmas break-up luncheon at our place. Also got up at 6.30 this morning to make a 600mm x 400mm x 60mm tray of lasagne, plenty of left over Lasagne and pork shoulder for the weekend........

Had a refreshing shower of rain about 4pm to cool the afternoon off. Very pleasant here at the moment, hang on that's the Air con......... glad I don't live in Vic or SA , too cold and wet. Mate rings up two three times a week from rosebud West either whinging about the heat, cold or bloody rain....

#23 ·
glad I don't live in Vic or SA , too cold and wet. Mate rings up two three times a week from rosebud West either whinging about the heat, cold or bloody rain....
That's because that is the only weather in rosebud.

Still better than Ballarat weather though.... There it's either freezing and windy or occasionally hot and windy.
I've never been there when it isn't windy.

#24 ·
I checked bli bli max temp for today on few web sites they all said 31 deg??
My area was 34

Felt hot in our shipping containers at work

#25 ·
Don't know where they got the 31 from, The official hot spot around here was 36.6C apparently but it was definitely 40C on my deck and 34C inside the house. It's a balmy 23C out there now and 24C inside.

And now, in Noosa, we have rain. Very light and just started. It will cool things down a bit.
Bloody rain.... I had to pick my missus up from Sunshine Plaza at 17.30 got a few K's down the road and the sky opened up, by the time I got SP water was everywhere, Thinks... this is good, pick her up and come home,,,,,, Bugga hardly a drop, rain did the usual Bli Bli thing and turned left at Nambour and comtinued to Maroochydore bypassing us, oh well, next time, the pool is almost 30C now.

#27 ·
We just lit our fire after having it off for about three days. It's 11.3C outside at the moment and didn't get a lot higher yesterday, but at least it stayed warmer inside. The fire has now been on almost continuously since March this year, bring on global warming!

#29 ·
It just did it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! before lunch...... and looks like going higher. Oh What a Feeling! :)

#30 ·
Noosa 39C at present. There is a light breeze so it's bearable. I hope it doesn't go any higher. The cats are rooted already, both lying inside in the breezeway between the front and back doors. They are too knackered to even squabble about who's got the best position.

#31 ·
Balmy 23 in my house, thank god for solar panels, = free Aircon. Just been out to Kmart and Woollies drove into Capalalalabaaba and air con in little car didn't even start to cool down the inside of the car, was surprised at the amount of car spaces available under Kmart, and not many people in shopping centre. Usually can't move on hot days. Very muggy outside, think I'll stay housebound again for the rest of today..