Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
92 Nissan Patrol Y60 TB42 Safari High Roof with Snorkel and 33's
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks!

After learning about the Nissan Patrol here in Ecuador, I went on a hunt and found a very clean 92 Y60 Safari high top. Poor fella didn't want to let it go, but I look forward to keeping her going for years to come.

I need to try the stalk cleaning trick (weird things happening with the lights), install a new ignition barrel and locks, maybe switch to an electronic ignition (Pertronix), and figure out what some of these switches and dials do 馃槄

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Yep very clean. You would be happy with that. Did they come out here in Australia?
Really don't know. Seller said it was brought in from the US...not sure how that could've worked though

Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
Yep very clean. You would be happy with that. Did they come out here in Australia?
I've seen a few around here over the years, also seen them in NZ.

Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
That's a gem! Nice purchase.
It's certainly possible that its come from the US. Most likely imported from Japan, or maybe NZ, then made its way to Ecuador.

After you have cleaned the switch, look into doing an upgraded headlight loom. As standard full wattage to the lights runs through the headlight switch, which is inadequate to say the least.
There are posts here on the forum about how to do it, and from memory there are aftermarket plug in looms to purchase if you don't feel comfortable with wiring.

Reactions: 593patrol

Registered
nissan/patrol
do you have the sizing info for those wheels ? They look like American Racing and I want some new wheels!

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
That's a gem! Nice purchase.
It's certainly possible that its come from the US. Most likely imported from Japan, or maybe NZ, then made its way to Ecuador.

After you have cleaned the switch, look into doing an upgraded headlight loom. As standard full wattage to the lights runs through the headlight switch, which is inadequate to say the least.
There are posts here on the forum about how to do it, and from memory there are aftermarket plug in looms to purchase if you don't feel comfortable with wiring.
I love the way some of the JTX lights look! Definitely on my to do before '22 list

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
do you have the sizing info for those wheels ? They look like American Racing and I want some new wheels!
Hey sharky! They say "American Wheels" on them, so not sure they are AR's. But the size seems to be 15x10, with 33x12's.

Registered
nissan/patrol
what is the offset ? and are there any spacers on there? I seem to be having trouble finding wheels to fit that have -20 offset that will also fit the front locking hubs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts